Steeda CAI & Tune: 44hp and 52 ft.lbs

stang1971

Established Member
im waiting for sct to quit ****ing us around and give us the firmware for the 2011.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
....:shrug: Steeda's dyno was maxed by a stock car in 5th?
i'm guessing that got 'lost in translation', and the mustang hit the electronic speed limiter in 5th gear(155MPH). this has happened to a few different cars now i believe.

Last edited:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
i just ran across that on their website not 10 minutes ago. Very impressive!

redsap05

Established Member
I highly doubt the average joe who puts one of these on his 2011 stang will see that result. I am skeptical of manufacturer claims. But hey if really makes that power than awesome.

DIB5.0

Established Member
Well their 05-09 4.6 intake and tune was said to make 38rwhp but how many cars seen that? 25 was about average.

redsap05

Established Member
well my only beef is this. They are recomending a tune for this intake. Now livernois gained 25rwhp with a tune with the stock intake. The whole car was bone stock and put 415rwhp with just a tune which is impressive. It looks like the stock intake may not be that big of a restriction, but only time will tell.

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
A lot of that horsepower is gained from just getting the car tuned and going to the 93 gas. I saw a dyno that picked up an extra 28rwhp just from tuning a lone.

Shin

Established Member
I think that's the first dyno I've seen below 350whp... even the autos are above that, something smells!

Erick

Established Member
I think that's the first dyno I've seen below 350whp... even the autos are above that, something smells!

Please try to read the entire post first.

The dyno pulls were made in 4th gear due to the car hitting the speed limiter in 5th gear.

Driver72

Established Member
A lot of that horsepower is gained from just getting the car tuned and going to the 93 gas. I saw a dyno that picked up an extra 28rwhp just from tuning a lone.

yup, the "baseline" dyno was done on 87 Octane.
The dyno with the Steeda CAI was done with 93 Octane and tune as well.
So it's a bit misleading to advertise that the Steeda CAI picks up that much power. You gotta read the fine print.
I'd say the CAI is worth 12-18 rwhp by itself.
All the rest was simply because of the change from 87 Octane to 93 Octane and the tune.

They simply need to remove the Steeda CAI and dyno the car on 93 Octane first. Then add the CAI and tune and redyno after some adapting time.

Then advertise those gains based on the CAI and tune addition.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Its been proven that 4th gives a higher reading on this car :read: :kaboom:

Can you please provide that proof? I think you have it backwards.

Regardless, it is the delta (before vs after) that is the meaningful part of this sort of test, not how high (or low) the HP was compared to some other car on some other dyno.

Erick

Established Member
yup, the "baseline" dyno was done on 87 Octane.
The dyno with the Steeda CAI was done with 93 Octane and tune as well.
So it's a bit misleading to advertise that the Steeda CAI picks up that much power. You gotta read the fine print.
I'd say the CAI is worth 12-18 rwhp by itself.
All the rest was simply because of the change from 87 Octane to 93 Octane and the tune.

They simply need to remove the Steeda CAI and dyno the car on 93 Octane first. Then add the CAI and tune and redyno after some adapting time.

Then advertise those gains based on the CAI and tune addition.

You guys make an excellant point. With Livernois squeezing out 37rwhp on a tune alone, it's hard to justify the cost of this package. There's probably not as much in these CAI's as we thought originally.

Users who are viewing this thread