Steeda Boss 302 Springs

908ssp

Established Member
Yes, shocks ae valved differently, position "1" on the LS is the same as "5" on the regular Boss.

Here's the other differences.

2012 BOSS 302
Front 34.6x4.4 tubular stabilizer bar Spring Rate 26
Rear 25-mm stabilizer bar Spring Rate 32.5

2012 BOSS 302 LAGUNA SECA
Front 34.6x4.4 tubular stabilizer bar Spring Rate 24
Rear 26-mm stabilizer bar Spring Rate 33.5

Those numbers are WRONG. The front springs are stiffer than the rears.

Dean from Rehagen says "I have not seen the specs you're talking about, but the front rates should be close to double the rear. The Boss 302S car is going to be something close to 500 front, 325 rear."

"I say that Ford mixed up the spring rates in the Boss supplement. 26nm is 148pound/inch which is slightly higher than 142pounds/inch of the stock rear and far less than the stock front. 32.4nm converts to 185 pounds/inch which is slightly higher than the stock front 165pounds/inch. For the LS they lowered the rear to 24nm or 137pounds/inch which is even less than stock. But raised the front to 33.5nm or 181pounds/inch. Swapping heavier springs to back makes no sense and is not what they did."

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Im interested in these as well. I would like to see what the stance of the car is also after they settle in. Im not a big fan of the rake the car has and would like to improve the handling even more.

my front springs were 1/8inch HIGHER then stock, rears were 1.5inch lower. I'm very upset, Steeda offered nothing to resolve my problem.

racermatt

Established Member
burnin4 I sent you a PM. Need to know who you talked to here. We have sold a bunch of these springs and this is the first issue I am hearing on this. I will see what I can do.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Wow. Four months later and they're still that high?

Even after settling in they showed 1/8" taller?

5 months later

photo-30.gif

original oem springs pic is posted on 1st page. I Steeda springs are still slightly higher then stock, definitely not a half inch drop as expect. All parts numbers/isolators were rechecked.

Last edited:

86merc

Established Member
I have the Steeda "Boss" springs in my GT. When I measure the ride height at the body centered with the wheels I get LF: 28.5" // LR: 28" // RF: 28.25" // RR: 28". That is the gas tank about 3/4" full and no driver. So the front is slightly higher than the rear. This is with the 2010 GT500 wheels and tires on the car. 255/40/19 & 285/35/19.

Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member
Oof. I wonder what the problem with the engineering or manufacturing was. Glad that's not my money spent.

Agreed, in peoples pics with the Steeda Springs installed something didn't look right. Now I know because I always thought the front was a hair taller.

Grant808

Established Member
Agreed, in peoples pics with the Steeda Springs installed something didn't look right. Now I know because I always thought the front was a hair taller.

I saw it too...just ASSumed they would settle 1/4"+. Glad I waited. Cost of the springs is low enough, but the hassle to switch them out...ugh.

bpmurr

Established Member
Any word from Steeda yet as to why they're higher in the front?

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Why does Ford make the largest space between the wheel and body on the mustang? Look at BMW M series, audi sport models, and all the vette models, its quite a bit better stance.

Toxic_Tommie

I’m bringing this thread back to life. I originally read this thread quite some time ago and thought that by now any issues with the springs have surly been addressed. I recently purchased the Steeda Boss Handling Package-Stage I. Finally was able to install it this weekend and guess what? The rear was lowered by 1” but the front now sits a 1/4” higher. I’ve read here and on other forums that the front were higher but will ”settle” in time, others report that they dropped or were about the same.
Since this is an old thread, anyone else install the Steeda Boss stings? I plan on calling or emailing Steeda tomorrow. I’m not happy but will see what they have to say.
All parts we’re installed by a friend who is a Ford master technician, so I’m nothinking it’s an install issue.

Users who are viewing this thread