STD SHO vs PP SHO?

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Thinking about getting the wife a SHO, but want A/S tires for year round use.

How much of a performance (1/4 mile or 0-60) difference does the PP make?

How about the ride (noise, stiffness, etc)?

Is invoice minus rebates a good price these days?

Cobra99

Established Member
You need to visit SHOForum.com. Not much here concerning out cars. Search in the Generation 4 forum. A lot of good information there. BlueOval news forum's concerning the car are also not very active.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
My wife drives a PP SHO and we both love it. She drove both and liked the PP package. We kept the stock wheels and put some Michelin's on the car for year round driving. Does great in the snow. With nothing more than a tune the car will fly lol!

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but I'm pretty sure there are a few options that are unavailable if you opt for the Performance Package. IMO I'd say the PP is worth two or three tenths through the 1/4 mile. If it were me I'd skip the PP for the extra driver features.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but I'm pretty sure there are a few options that are unavailable if you opt for the Performance Package. IMO I'd say the PP is worth two or three tenths through the 1/4 mile. If it were me I'd skip the PP for the extra driver features.

In 2010, you couldn't get the luxury package with the performance pack. That included some bells and whistles like blind spot sensors, heated rear seats, power rear window shades, etc. However, the 2011 vehicles can now be spec'ed out with both if you've gotta have them.

Personally, I think the Luxo package is only good if you're chueffering around VIP's in the back seat, yet the back seat is too small to do that... especially in foot room!

Get the Performance Pack. It makes a huge difference in the way the car feels. The lower final drive ratio is very important in this portly beast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread