• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

starting to upgrade

Discussion in 'Revan Racing' started by 5Eight0shelby, Feb 16, 2013.

1. 5Eight0shelby

5Eight0shelby SVT poster Established Member

Van, i have a couple of questions. 1. trying to decide on a set of springs. Eibach or Steeda not going to track it much. 2. bob oil seperator, do you have to put both in or is the passengerside suitable? These would be the start of my modds. Any info would be greatly appreciated!ed

2. Van@RevanRacing

[email protected] Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

I would recommend either Eibach or Ford Racing Springs. Don't forget that panhard bar so you can center the rear.

The passenger side is a great place to start for oil separators. Eventually add the driver side.

If you'd like to discuss more please give me a call at your convenience.

Van

3. 5Eight0shelby

5Eight0shelby SVT poster Established Member

Thanks Van, ya i was thinking and writing down a mod list. i will definitly give u a call. Like i mention the car will more than likely be a street/strip car. I don't have much free time to bring the car to the track. My goal is to be sitting in the low to mid 700hp range(for now). I've also dont have many shops that i would trust to do the work i can't do at home. So as of right now im trying to get something line up for that. Anyways whats the best time to call you? appreciate the help!

4. Van@RevanRacing

You can call me anywhere from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM EST and i even take calls after those hours as well. Just give me a shout. 561-445-7702 :beer:

5. smrtasp

smrtasp New Member Established Member

I just ordered my first round of suspension mods from Van. FRPP springs, BMR panhard and Bob's LCA's with relocation brackets. Cant wait to get the rear end sorted out. Pilot super sports on widened rear wheels are up next. Thanks Van!

6. Van@RevanRacing

Thanks for the order!! :beer:

7. smrtasp

Did you ever do any more research with sway bars? I was running the FRPP adjustable kit on my 08 (adjustable shocks and struts, springs and sway bars) but did it all at once so I never could really tell if the larger sway bars made a difference. I was also running the stock wheels with the GY F1 super cars but the KR spec with the softer tire. I loved the way that car handled. I need to get my 2013 feeling the same.

8. Van@RevanRacing

I've used nothing but stock sway bars on my 2013. Even when discussing sway bars for the 13' GT500 with BMR it just didn't make any sense to change because the size difference is so minimal between the two.

I can definitely get your 13' handling better than 08'. Please give me a call and we discuss your direction, needs and wants.

9. smrtasp

We can start with the first order of parts and see where that gets me. I was happy with my 08 for daily driving. On a related note, I was looking at another post where guys had gone with a similar setup - lowered with LCAs using adjustable BMR and relocation brackets and they were moving to adjustable LCAs because the driver side wheel was off center. Not side to side but front to rear. Have you seen this before? It was in a thread related to widening the alcoas and some of the hacking others have done to get them to fit correctly.

10. Van@RevanRacing

It's not the norm as much as it is isolated. I've had a couple of customers do non adjustable lower control arms and the axle couldn't be centered. Then they changed to single adjustable and the axle can be centered and the thrust angle adjusted.

Give me a call when you are ready to proceed.

Van

11. smrtasp

OK, I'll see where things sit after the first round of parts go in.

12. smrtasp

Can you clarify something I was having another conversation with a member about? The BMR strut tower brace STB009 is listed in the BMR Level 2 Suspension kit. The title says 2005-2013 but at the bottom it says applies to Coupe Only 2007-2011 GT500. Will the BMR strut tower brace fit 2013's?

13. Van@RevanRacing

STB009 will not fit. It is designed for 2005 - 2012 Mustang GT's. It does not fit the GT500

14. smrtasp

Should the lower control arm relocation brackets be welded in? I've got 2 shops in mind for the install and one says they always weld in those relocation brackets and don't recommend doing just the bolt ons.

15. Van@RevanRacing

It is best to weld them in if you plan on doing some hard launches and serious drag racing with the car. To fend off comments that they "MUST" be welded in installed them on my car bolt on only and they have doing fine even with the strain of road racing.

16. smrtasp

I talked to a 3rd shop this morning and they had the same comments about just bolting in unless Im planning to drag race all the time. Thanks Van.

17. jml1521

jml1521 Member Established Member

I have a gt500 2007 if I go with the pro kit can I align it or do I need camber bolts? I have an ajustable pan hard bar

18. Van@RevanRacing

Based on what I have seen you should not need camber bolts with the Pro kit. But you should install new Upper Strut Mounts

19. jml1521

jml1521 Member Established Member

Thanks for the quick response just bought the car what motor oil do you recommend ???

20. Van@RevanRacing

OEM, Castrol or Amsoil.