Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker Review

Fordflo

2012 F-150 HARLEY DAVIDSON
Established Member
It was not great and it was not bad...Empire Strikes Back was the best...my question did Rey have a yellow light saber?
If I see it again I will wait for redbox...
Mandolorian with baby yoga is pretty good...

Fordflo

2012 F-150 HARLEY DAVIDSON
Established Member
I am enlightened...the question that boggles my mind...is what and why did Luke Sky not have that green lightsaber that he constructed??? That’s a good video that give a good explanation...i still don’t understand how/why Rey died after defeating her grandfather with the electrical beams that hit him not her?? Which caused Kylo ren to give his life force to her? I’m lost

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Watched it tonight, thoroughly unimpressed. Nothing but facepalms and wtf's.

Change a few character names and it would make a decent Marvel movie. Felt a lot like Guardians of the Galaxy 2 to me.

ziggity

Established Member
I actually found the first guardians of the galaxy better than this star wars lol

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Wow! I went in not expecting to like it, and it might be #3 on my list of Star Wars movies. Empire; R1, and then TROS. The pacing was a bit quick, as he had to throw a lot of stuff at you once to basically negate what Rian Johnson managed to mess up. I figure that with each viewing it will get even better as I have a better grip on everything. Well done JJ!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Honestly the emperor coming back isn’t high on my list of complaints, but it is lazy unimaginative writing bringing the emperor back. They didn’t even ****ing explain it, seems more like a Hail Mary to save a movie that had reshoots and multiple endings. He was never factored into this Trilogy. This movie was jarring, horrible pace/timing, it was all over the ****ing map...The Last Jedi looks like a masterpiece next to it. This movie was Game of Thrones season 8 bad. Rey having all these crazy force powers with no real training, utter ****ing bullshit.

Rian Killed Snoke, and Snoke was supposed to be more of a bad as then he was. So, JJ had to scramble to find a new big bad. Kathleen Kennedy and him had a pow wow and figured that Palps was the best answer. She messed up by letting Rian do his own thing. But at the time, they wanted him to do a new trilogy so bad, they were willing to pander to whatever he wanted to do with the story line. Also, Phasma was supposed to be a spy. Rian killed her of, so JJ turned Hux into the spy. Rian destroyed the vision that they had when they made Episode 7.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
oidCJ9&_nc_ohc=H4FrDImYR_wAQlxpny8o9AZpAgwrwsvgKslu6tIMRTxsEINxoBrXG3k2g&_nc_ht=scontent.fiws1-1.jpg

rborden

Established Member
I had no problem with it or the Last Jedi. The Force Awakens was the one that was trash to me.

I own all of them and will buy RoS when it comes out.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Which caused Kylo ren to give his life force to her?

First, please note I am not a Star Wars nerd. I don't know names of 98% of the people, I don't know the names of the ships, or anything. To me it's just space, aliens, action, and good movies.

So I saw the 3 prequels growing up, then later watched the original 3, and now have seen the last 3. My boss is a huge Star Wars fan. I happened to watch this new one 24 hours ago, and then run into my boss today. I asked him the biggest question I had. Why did Princess Leia's body stay around, but then the bad guy, Kylo, his body was gone the second he died? My boss was quick with an answer. He says there is a fan theory that (I hope I don't mess this up) when Rey killed Kylo, he really died, and Leia used the force to bring him back in a sense, to help Rey. That's why you don't hear Rey talk to anyone, he's like a ghost or something. He was sent to help Rey, was thrown over the cliff, climbed back up, and then the force within him, that was from Leia, he used to save Rey...and then both their bodies disappeared.

Works for me. These movies are insanely well done in my opinion. You have to have memorized every movie, book, video game and cartoon to understand 1/3rd the background details or facts. After a new Star Wars, I always YT the easter eggs and hidden details. Like Rey's new yellow saber, where that came from and why it was yellow.

Users who are viewing this thread