Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker Review

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
i give him 100% credit for creating and having the marvel universe of movies we have today.

if he didn’t do such a great job directing the iron man movies ( especially the first) marvel likely wouldn’t have taken the risk to then do captain America .. Thor.. etc

exactly, he's done a pretty damn good job with the MCU movies and not mucking them up with a bunch sjw bullshit. He's killing it with the Mandolorian too and I hope he get to do some future Star Wars movies.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
So I’ve been watching the Mandalorian. It’s pretty good but it just feels like a Star Wars reboot of the “Firefly” series to me....which is fine because I thought that show was great.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
joidCJ9&_nc_ohc=LdSG9kBMj60AQkszg95dYOIaG3uNN5vIBeXoCxCazhTubUSd_WXBrye-A&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess we will see. But this is supposed to be the end of the Skywalker Saga, but Rey took up the name. So does that mean her story arc is over or were they just being literal in the sense that all of the true Skywalkers are dead? The Jedi order still needs rebuilt...so wtf? Also I liked how they pretty much said “**** everything from TLJ”. Hopefully baby Yoda finds Luke and Leia’s lightsabers and become a dual wielding badass.

edit: except for the fact that all the people that complained about Leia using the force in TLJ can now stfu. Of course she was strong in the force.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I guess we will see. But this is supposed to be the end of the Skywalker Saga, but Rey took up the name. So does that mean her story arc is over or were they just being literal in the sense that all of the true Skywalkers are dead? The Jedi order still needs rebuilt...so wtf? Also I liked how they pretty much said “**** everything from TLJ”. Hopefully baby Yoda finds Luke and Leia’s lightsabers and become a dual wielding badass.

edit: except for the fact that all the people that complained about Leia using the force in TLJ can now stfu. Of course she was strong in the force.

Leia using the force in TLJ didn't bother me, but that Mary Poppins shit was the dumbest shit ever.

ziggity

Established Member
I enjoyed it but it felt like they were just trying to recover from TLJ issues. I think it could of been broken up into two movies for sure. Ending was OK but I thought there was going to be a bigger showdown between Rey/Ben and palpatine.Was hoping baby yoda might show up and him and rey lightning blast the emperor or something cool like that lol

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Biggest gripe people have is the emperor surviving the fall in ROTJ....well, lets see, luke survived the fall down the cloud city shaft...maul survived a fall, while cut in half....

So the ultimate bad ass award goes to maul.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Biggest gripe people have is the emperor surviving the fall in ROTJ....well, lets see, luke survived the fall down the cloud city shaft...maul survived a fall, while cut in half....

Honestly the emperor coming back isn’t high on my list of complaints, but it is lazy unimaginative writing bringing the emperor back. They didn’t even ****ing explain it, seems more like a Hail Mary to save a movie that had reshoots and multiple endings. He was never factored into this Trilogy. This movie was jarring, horrible pace/timing, it was all over the ****ing map...The Last Jedi looks like a masterpiece next to it. This movie was Game of Thrones season 8 bad. Rey having all these crazy force powers with no real training, utter ****ing bullshit.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

He didn’t just survive the fall, he survived the Death Star exploding. It doesn’t make any sense. It’s so obvious the plot was thrown together because TLJ took the trilogy and story in a completely different direction. And this is why they should have written the entire trilogy from beginning to end first, then decided what sections would be used for the trilogy.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Honestly the emperor coming back isn’t high on my list of complaints, but it is lazy unimaginative writing bringing the emperor back. They didn’t even ****ing explain it, seems more like a Hail Mary to save a movie that had reshoots and multiple endings. He was never factored into this Trilogy. This movie was jarring, horrible pace/timing, it was all over the ****ing map...The Last Jedi looks like a masterpiece next to it. This movie was Game of Thrones season 8 bad. Rey having all these crazy force powers with no real training, utter ****ing bullshit.

Didn't you get the memo from Kathleen Kennedy, the force is female.

The only redeeming quality this film had was the return of the Y-wing but almost every scene with them was fleeting at best, hell the Battle of Yavin had more screen time for them than this movie. and that was made in 1977.

Voltwings

Established Member
I saw it today, and it was frustratingly bad. My wife's comment, and I feel a lot of people in here would agree was basically "If you consider it in a vacuum, not as a Star Wars movie and not as #3 in a trilogy, it's not bad." My problem is that it IS Star Wars and IS #3 in a trilogy.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this movie was not set up for success; The Force Awakens is basically A New Hope again but worse, and then TLJ undid every major plot point The Force Awakens set up. That basically left this movie to establish, and finish a whole trilogy's worth of story, which is just never going to work.

Also, with the gold saber at the end... what are they trying to do there? They've never introduced a gold saber in any previous episode, who did she get it from, what will she do with it? Seems like a pretty lazy plug to just leave it open ended for future episodes.

I feel like it was rushed, not thought out, predictable, and for as hard as they seemed to be trying to tie it back into the original trilogy they really missed some low hanging fruit. There were some parts where they had the basis of a good story, but really could just never pull it together.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread