Stangmode 2020 GT500

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe this was already posted and I missed it. 10.8 in Vegas with elevated engine, trans, and dif temps at 2800 DA. This car is going to break a ton of hearts. He thinks this is a 9.9 hero run at ATCO.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I normally don't like his stuff because he tends to post videos of him beating on street cars and guys who aren't drag racers making him look like a hero, BUT he posted a video the other day and he said something I really agree with, Ford completely missed the boat with the revel. They let Dodge and Chevy set the bar in the past few years when Ford originally set it and kept resetting it with the Cobra and the Shelby's. Now they're standing at the bottom looking up trying to regain the throne.

badmpg03

Established Member
I think they have the throne. At the end of they day they have to sell a product that will be in demand at a certain price, can't spec the world in a muscle car to the average dude who knows nothing about performance and motorsports, then you up like chevy with the ZL1 1LE's that Arent selling for sh*t. Demons aren't practical for much outside going straight.
First muscle car with DCT? Smaller motor and still hurting feelings? Yeah I think they have it.

OneSlowV

Established Member
I really don’t see a lot of guys buying this to drag strip with to much money . You can buy a zl1 or hellcat for a lot less and be a lot faster . I do see this car being a killer track car though .

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Maybe this was already posted and I missed it. 10.8 in Vegas with elevated engine, trans, and dif temps at 2800 DA. This car is going to break a ton of hearts. He thinks this is a 9.9 hero run at ATCO.

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment that it will break a ton of hearts. I watch his vids. He has a nice Stang that runs mid 10's NA. It is set up for the strip. He can drive his car but he isn't a professional. He has ordered a 500 and has pledged to race it bone stock then mod it and see what happens. It will be fun to see IMO.

I don't want to get into a comparison with the Demon and fight about stock vs. stock vs. crate vs. blah blah blah (that is in the Demon thread). Demon guys are calling their cars stock because they are being delivered speced out to their liking. I don't think it is fair to compare a bone stock 500 on street tires to a "stock" Demon delivered with full weight reduction, DRs, and 93 octane tune. Full weight reduction, DRs, and a tune on the 500 and you could be in Demon territory, don't you think?

I think the bigger issue for Ford is that Dodge is offering customers the opportunity to spec out their muscle car and have it delivered exactly the way they ordered it. I'd love for Ford to offer a 500 with a tune, MT's, and weight reduction. As @Jameeson mentioned, ain't nobody getting out of the 10's on the stock tire.

Last edited:

badmpg03

Established Member
Not that I know anymore about Gt500's at this point than the next guy, but tons of 1/4 videos have been posted all at once, "in boost weather" negative D/A's...etc

And I would bet someone money this car does not run 9's on the factory 315/30 Sport Cup 2 tires

C0bra99

Established Member
Not that I know anymore about Gt500's at this point than the next guy, but tons of 1/4 videos have been posted all at once, "in boost weather" negative D/A's...etc

And I would bet someone money this car does not run 9's on the factory 315/30 Sport Cup 2 tires
The times that are getting thrown around are from the base running Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

Users who are viewing this thread