Stang2WRX - OEM Chrome Wheel Mod

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
missile man said:
Where are the Pics?
Didn't post the wheel off the car since others already have. FYI, if you have spots that don't come up with the goop, neverdull will take it right off with a couple swipes. This mod also makes it a ton easier to clean the wheel when washing the car.
Stock Wheel
w66vr

Modded wheel
w66pk

w672p

w674j

w68vp

Last edited:

svt2003cobra

Banned
I just did mine, I used acetone it work great and alot less harsh. I only did the lip just inside the outer chrome not the whole dish. It looks awesome, i will eventually do the whole wheel but it looks great to me with just that part polished. Well i just thought i would share that.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
03Red10th said:
03yllwguy, The rims look awesome. :thumbsup:

Just need some new rotors now. Mine look the same and it pisses me off.:cuss: Why did Ford use those pieces of sh!t???? :cuss: :mj: :fm:
Yeah, when the pads go I'm changing rotors and pads out. They do look like crap.

Hye

Established Member
If you do this mod, can you clean the inside of the wheels 100% with them on the car come car wash time? I'd hate to not be able to get inside those parts of the wheels to clean them.

where can you jack up the car from? say if i want to take off the drivers side wheels/tires first?

thanks

20-COBRA-03

Banned
I did mine for new years i guess. I started at 8 PM on 12/31 and ended he last rim on the 1st. at like 2 AM. It was well worth it! They came out nice. I wish i could find out how to get some pics hosted.

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
Did my wheels

Here is a nice picture of what they look like after some neverdull :beer:

100_1314.JPG

100_1315.JPG

Great Cheep Mod, next mod custom hood blanket mod.........

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
cobraCMDR said:
Here is a nice picture of what they look like after some neverdull :beer:

100_1314.JPG

100_1315.JPG

Great Cheep Mod, next mod custom hood blanket mod.........

Did you use the Aircraft remover stuff or just neverdull?

Has anyone seen any negatives from taking the protectant off the factory rims?

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
Neverdull is just a polish, it won't take off the paint. It is like raw cotton, with some kind of oil or something in it. Works great on tail pipes.

nivek

Banned
I must be doing something wrong, because I am not getting the results you guys are getting. The paint is coming off but the shine is just a dull finish. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? I didn't swirl the brush and maybe I should have used more of the solvent? Let me know your suggestions.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
what would happen if u did the outside of a oem 2003 wheel?

adamb258

Established Member
Will rims with this mod sell for any more you think? I did mien a few weeks ago.

nivek

Banned
Is it possible that some rims are chromed and then painted? Because with out polishing the rims I see no way to get these rims to shine like the pic's posted. I am beginning to believe this is an urban legend.

Big_Torch

Banned
nivek said:
Is it possible that some rims are chromed and then painted? Because with out polishing the rims I see no way to get these rims to shine like the pic's posted. I am beginning to believe this is an urban legend.

not 100% sure, but i believe thats the case. for some odd reason.

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
nivek said:
I am beginning to believe this is an urban legend.

No pics but I did them this morning and they came out just as the orginal poster said they would. I used an auto motive paint stripper since I could not find the other stuff but it did the job.

Users who are viewing this thread