Standing Mile Racetrack locations?

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
Does anybody know of any standing mile racetrack locations? I would love to make a pass on one this summer if at all possible but honestly have no idea of any, nor could I find any hits searching around on the net. As bad as I want to do a hispeed run I feel like there are better places to do it than the local freeway, not to mention I would love to see that ticket's net worth :burn:.

Anyhow, I do recall a TT viper owner at a gym I used to go to a while back mentioning a track up in PA but nothing popped up from what I found. If anybody knows of some locations post up!

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
I found it, The Maxton Mile, looks like they stopped running last year. 2011. final year for the maxton mile. - THE H.A.M.B.

Not exactly close, but still thats a damn shame. However last I talked to wannagofast.com a few months ago they said that they are looking into a airstrip down in GA to check out as a new spot. His eta was sometime during the summer time, if thats the case its not much further than the maxton mile location.

There is a new place up in Ohio somewhere. 83 north at 1am also works.
I'll have to google the ohio location, lol and yes 83 always does the trick (just looking for some legal means of adrenaline road blazing).

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
Found the Ohio location, looks promising. Much closer as well, 7 hours and 37 minutes according to daggon mapquest. To boot they have some events this summer according to their schedule. Link: East Coast Timing Association If I could find a trailer to roll out there with I would definitely be down to hit it this summer to go so fast I rip the paint off my car.

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Thats awesome, its about 2 hours each way from me right now in Philadelphia. Seems like you'd have to pay $250 for option 4 to do roll racing and oval track.

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
Thats awesome, its about 2 hours each way from me right now in Philadelphia. Seems like you'd have to pay $250 for option 4 to do roll racing and oval track.

Yes, you would if you want to participate in the good stuff. Not bad though IMO, about the same as most road race events typically charge for some track time. I wish I could make it but I drill that weekend and my car most likely wont be done by then anyhow. :nonono:

Hopefully they have some more events like this throughout the summer as PA is a helluva lot closer than Ohio!!

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
I just wanted to update this thread before I forget. Apparently wannaGOFAST has just approved and has announced a track date for the Georgia location that they were looking into. Figured I would post up just in case anybody is interested in making a trip down for some ridiculously high speed fun:
WannaGOFAST | Facebook

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member

How the hell do you get from Philly to western Ohio in 2 hours?! You have a private jet that holds your car?:shrug:

I'd be interested in this especially if a group was checking it out.

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
How the hell do you get from Philly to western Ohio in 2 hours?! You have a private jet that holds your car?:shrug:

I'd be interested in this especially if a group was checking it out.

Poccano, PA for the Skyline roll racing, not in Ohio.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
The link I clicked on directed me to a place that runs at Airborne Airfield in western Ohio? O well Poconos sound better to me.

Guess I missed the GTR link I clicked on the ECTA link.

Just saw it already came and went. Did you go?

Last edited:

Black Chip

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread