Standing 1/2 mile Results.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I had a chance to. Do some 1/2 mile speed runs this weekend and the wanna go fast event in the. Chicago area car ran 153, 154, 156, 158 twice the 3 fastest speeds were done from a standing start with no launch control or traction control . Car is riding on Stock size PSS tires the two slowest times were doing a rolling start. There was a stock 2013 there that ran 146-149. There was a stock ZR1 there that ran 152-156 and ZO6 ran 147-149 stock as well and a full H/C/I and full exhaust that made around 620 rwhp and he was running 158-160. Lots of very nice cars there. The AMS GTR went 214 mph and a handful of other 200 plus mph cars.

Here is a vid of my 158 mph pass against a supercharged viper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta8TgZqNMbw

Last edited:

BOD89LX

Established Member
I must say its the first time I have been wide open well into 4 th gear in this car.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Thats fun.....gonna try to do one next year when they come back

WOT 3 into 4th is very fun..........:burnout:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Very nice! Was there a evo or dsm that went 213 too? Read somethin on fb but didn't know if it was true.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

BOD89LX

Established Member
Very nice! Was there a evo or dsm that went 213 too? Read somethin on fb but didn't know if it was true.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

The Boostin Performance DSM went 209 on the pass I seen and seemed like he was out of gear before the 1/2 mile mark.

86merc

Established Member
That is awesome. Good to hear you finally got to use 4th gear. haha

It was a fun event. I think there are a few things they could do better next time. Their may be a fall event as well.

The EVO went 208 yesterday. And 213 today I believe. They had one set of speakers set up. So it was hard to hear unless you were next to them. Being in the staging area most of the time I didn't hear anything.

I think the Alpha 9 GTR had the fastest pass of the weekend.

BOD89LX

Established Member
That is awesome. Good to hear you finally got to use 4th gear. haha

It was a fun event. I think there are a few things they could do better next time. Their may be a fall event as well.

The EVO went 208 yesterday. And 213 today I believe. They had one set of speakers set up. So it was hard to hear unless you were next to them. Being in the staging area most of the time I didn't hear anything.

I think the Alpha 9 GTR had the fastest pass of the weekend.

You are right about not being able to hear the speeds in the staging area unless you are in the right spot. It was crazy to be shifting into 4th gear at 135 and getting rain on the windshield.;-). If they do it in the fall that will be great and I will do it again for sure.

86merc

Established Member
lmao @ shifting into 4th at 135mph. Sounds like a good time. Well besides the rain part. Weather could have been better. But at least they got the event in this weekend.

BOD89LX

Established Member
lmao @ shifting into 4th at 135mph. Sounds like a good time. Well besides the rain part. Weather could have been better. But at least they got the event in this weekend.

Yea well worth the trip for sure , drove 520 miles total round trip and used 24.5 gallons of gas and averaged 20.9 mph for the whole trip including the 5 pass I made . Well if I see you at Byron this summer I will give you a shout.

86merc

Established Member
Gotta love technology. They are impressive cars for sure.

I would like to see your car run. I am always down for a track day too

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
You are right about not being able to hear the speeds in the staging area unless you are in the right spot. It was crazy to be shifting into 4th gear at 135 and getting rain on the windshield.;-). If they do it in the fall that will be great and I will do it again for sure.
That's probably an indicated 135, as they run out of gear at 129-130 with stock 3.55's and stock (sized) tires, at least in my experiences.

It's really strange, I was running 60-130 passes on the Vbox last fall in slightly warmer weather, and when it got cold (for Florida, at least), the car just wouldn't hit 130 in 3rd. I bounced it off the limiter hard on a few different occasions a few times and it would vmax at something like 129.74 mph in 3rd gear. In that weather (30's) it ran around a 7.6 60-129.74, :nonono:

Not surprising the stock '13 was running the same as a stock Z06. That sort of validates what we have been saying all along...the '13/'14 GT500 is an even match with a Z06 (of any year). Sounds like you had a great time. I saw that one of the UR Lambos ran 217 mph.
S.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Well done. What were the wind conditions and DA as well as overall temp?

It was cold low 50's some light drizzle from time to time and windy went from tail wind to head wind to cross wind, not sure of DA. I was trying to get my inlet temps up over 80 to try and get the car to hook in 1st and part of second, I started some passes at 90 degrees and ended at low 50's at the end of the runway.

BOD89LX

Established Member
That's probably an indicated 135, as they run out of gear at 129-130 with stock 3.55's and stock (sized) tires, at least in my experiences.

It's really strange, I was running 60-130 passes on the Vbox last fall in slightly warmer weather, and when it got cold (for Florida, at least), the car just wouldn't hit 130 in 3rd. I bounced it off the limiter hard on a few different occasions a few times and it would vmax at something like 129.74 mph in 3rd gear. In that weather (30's) it ran around a 7.6 60-129.74, :nonono:

Not surprising the stock '13 was running the same as a stock Z06. That sort of validates what we have been saying all along...the '13/'14 GT500 is an even match with a Z06 (of any year). Sounds like you had a great time. I saw that one of the UR Lambos ran 217 mph.
S.

The PSS may be a little taller almost 28" same as my 19" MT's were and car trapped 131 at the drag strip still in third with the shift tone on and set at 6800

rford13

Established Member
2.4 upper pulley , 127mm JLT intake , 65mm dual throttle body, 93 tune.

Nice to see someone running their car with mods on pump gas and pulling a better mph than a ZR1. I'll be going a similar route with my car. Congrats again!

Snorman, our cars have 3.31 gears. I haven't been able to fully hit 130 with mine in third gear with the stock tires. I'm always surprised when I hear other people are going over 130 in third.

Users who are viewing this thread