Stainless Works Exhaust Track Results

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Made it back out to the track last night to test out the exhaust. Air started out @ 3300, man it was nasty.

Car was ran a 12.36, 12.31, and finished up with a 12.27. This was the exact same track as last time with the only change being the stainless works exhaust.

Here is my slip. All 3 runs were better than my previous best.

2011gtslip2.jpg

Heres a vid of all 3 runs together.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzHcbgyuo50"]YouTube- Edgewater 7/23 With the new exhaust.[/nomedia]

On my 12.365 Run from last time, DA was 2278 by dragtimes.com, so we'll use that as a baseline just for consistency, since they pull weather stats from the same place.

The [email protected] corrects on dragtimes.com to [email protected].

Last night, DA on my 12.275 run was 2588 ft. It was hot nasty lol. The 12.275 Corrects to [email protected] mph.

On Lamottas dyno with another car, the headers on a tuned car picked up 23 rwhp. So. Considering I picked up a tenth in worse air (corrected to a tenth in a half at sea level) I'd say those #'s are spot on.

I think the drag times calculator is pretty accurate, when i put my 12.31 run in, it corrects to the exact same e.t. base on the weather at that run.

Here are the 2 slips side by side.

Left is before exhaust, right is after.

2011gtslip3.jpg

So, I know headers are a little pricey, but there are gains above the "maxed out" factory headers to be had.

I gotta think on blown and nitrous applications the gains will shine even more. This is a car with a tune, gears and tires. Still breathing through the facory paper filter.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
i know you already had the 28'' slicks, but do you plan to run a 26'' after these wear out? i'm just wondering if a shorter tire would help, it's hard to tell in the video but it sounds like the 3rd and 4th gear shifts are taking to long. i hope you understand my?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i know you already had the 28'' slicks, but do you plan to run a 26'' after these wear out? i'm just wondering if a shorter tire would help, it's hard to tell in the video but it sounds like the 3rd and 4th gear shifts are taking to long. i hope you understand my?

a 26.5" or so would be perfect, but, i already have these and i plan on more power ;)

no since to buy a shorter tire for now.

i'm crossing around 6400, would be better at 7200-7400

Users who are viewing this thread