Stainless Power 1 7/8s Issues!!

Poseidon956

Established Member
P013A code started to appear and disappear. I plugged in my sct and it read as “02 Sensor Slow Response – Rich to Lean Bank 1 Sensor 2”. I have only used e85 like twice for a couple of races and have been running 93oct almost all the time. I have heard that the issue is with the placement of the 02 sensors on the headers. Has anyone else had any issues similar to mine with these headers? On another note where is the location of the 02 sensor that is going bad (Bank1sensor2)??

jn2

Established Member
I run ethanol full time, anywhere from e30-e50 with no issues yet. Datalog your lambda channel and make sure it's outputting a signal and compare it to the other bank. This should tell you whether you have a bad sensor. Also if you are using 02 extension harnesses take them off ASAP. There is zero need for extension harnesses on the 11-14 models

Poseidon956

Established Member
I will go ahead and replace the o2 sensor see if that fixes the problem. Thats a bummer that you will have to be changing the o2 sensors twice a year due to the incorrect placement of these big header companies.

jn2- and no i do not have the extensions.

Poseidon956

Established Member
Has anyone deleted the rear o2 sensors? Ive read some people have done this though i am not sure if it is on these 2011-2014 mustangs... Any input would be greatly appreciated.

jn2

Established Member
Has anyone deleted the rear o2 sensors? Ive read some people have done this though i am not sure if it is on these 2011-2014 mustangs... Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not running rear 02's, set rear config to "none".

Here's my X pipe, notice there are no rear bungs
IMG_7537_zpsqbx49j9e.jpg

Also replacing o2's once or twice a year on ethanol is expected due to 02 bung angle. Mine are the same, the driver side is at 3:30 and the passenger side is at 3:00. I don't ever run e85 though, usually keep is 60% max, 30 on average.

Last edited:

gt5.0coyote

Established Member

IMG_7537_zpsqbx49j9e.jpg

Also replacing o2's once or twice a year on ethanol is expected due to 02 bung angle. Mine are the same, the driver side is at 3:30 and the passenger side is at 3:00. I don't ever run e85 though, usually keep is 60% max, 30 on average.

Not to hijack. But Jn2 and other guys with pypes headers. Do you have issues with the collector bolts coming loose? It is VERY annoying. Put 2 bolts on it with alock washer same thing they loosen. Yesterday put a metal locking nut on it. Hopefully that will work.

jn2

Established Member
Not to hijack. But Jn2 and other guys with pypes headers. Do you have issues with the collector bolts coming loose? It is VERY annoying. Put 2 bolts on it with alock washer same thing they loosen. Yesterday put a metal locking nut on it. Hopefully that will work.

Yes, I already lost one bolt and nut. I heard something fly out from under car one day and didn't pay much attention to tit, figured I ran something over. It was until I noticed my exhaust sounded that it was leaking that i noticed the passenger side outter bolt and nut vanished. I have replaced them and tightened them down quite good. They haven't came offset, but I do need to go back down there and check them again to make sure they aren't loose. From what I understand its common for them to loosen on ball socket flanges. You could put a C clip into the threads right behind the nut to "lock" it in place since the clip won't back off...

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Yes, I already lost one bolt and nut. I heard something fly out from under car one day and didn't pay much attention to tit, figured I ran something over. It was until I noticed my exhaust sounded that it was leaking that i noticed the passenger side outter bolt and nut vanished. I have replaced them and tightened them down quite good. They haven't came offset, but I do need to go back down there and check them again to make sure they aren't loose. From what I understand its common for them to loosen on ball socket flanges. You could put a C clip into the threads right behind the nut to "lock" it in place since the clip won't back off...

Wow man I didn't loose a bolt now lol That's crazy. Yea when we go to tighten them they are always able to be hand loosened. If this doesn't work well have to try a c clip. This is just very annoying now. Thanks for the reply!

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
i have been running stainless power 1 7/8 LT for 24000 miles and no problems.not even a loose bolt.

jn2

Established Member
Wow man I didn't loose a bolt now lol That's crazy. Yea when we go to tighten them they are always able to be hand loosened. If this doesn't work well have to try a c clip. This is just very annoying now. Thanks for the reply!

Yeah it was prob loose for a while and I didn't noticed until it actually flew off and started to leak at that connection

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Yeah. That's what generally happens to us. It leaks then we say to each other "the bolts are loose" lol. That was a very GOOD idea you had about the c clips though, didn't think of it. If the all metal lock nuts don't work then we will try that or just weld the bolts.

Poseidon956

Established Member
thanks but i have no idea how to turn off the rear o2s myself i will have to contact my tuner to send me the files. Nice intake hows that cobra jet intake working for you??

IMG_7537_zpsqbx49j9e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread