Stage II Srt-4 calls me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hahaha

Established Member
gnxs said:
You need to know the players in this thread. Unless I'm mistaken N2O (as well as some other mods) plays a large part. Drew, correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah, so there's not only more to what they are saying but, also some spray involved?

04srt4

Banned
gnxs said:
You need to know the players in this thread. Unless I'm mistaken N2O (as well as some other mods) plays a large part. Drew, correct me if I'm wrong.

you are indeed correct.... 100-125 shot...
but to all who categorize srt4's by stages....

i drive a stage 1

gnxs

Established Member
pottsy said:
The bullshit in this thread is way to thick for anyone to sort through. All I know is that the Neon SRT-4's I have seen run at the track have been 13.8's at 102 (stock) with a great driver. The average Neons seem to run anywhere from low 14's to high 13's, mid 13's on drag radials. That is a little faster than the average Bullitt, but barely. A well driven Bullitt would be right there with it, if not have a slightly better ET. There is no "assraping" on either side if those two cars were to line up stock for stock. FACT.

Whoever suggested an 03/04 Cobra and SRT-4 are a good race stock....pass that stuff my way, I love drugs but that must be some GREAT shit. I almost threw up in my mouth when I read that, haha. Show me a Neon that goes 12.5, no mods on stock tires and then I'll believe that ridiculous claim.

I really respect what some people are doing with the SRT-4's but they are far from the fastest cars on the road. It really sounds like a good amount of Neon owners need a dose of reality.

I'd agree with that. :beer: :bowdown:

BLUBYYOU

beep beep, hi!
Established Member
wti01bullitt said:
Just to let you know, if you go to www.imboc.com you can find stock bullitts running well into the 13s completely stock all the way down to the paper air filter.
the original poster said he was called out by a stage 2 srt4, with supporting mods such as intake , dp, and "headers"<---turbo's don't have headers, so I am assuming he meant 02 housing or something along those lines. The poster then said his bullit was stock.
It was then pretty much agreed on, he would get beat.

this is the condensed version tho, read the whole book if you dare!

BLUBYYOU

beep beep, hi!
Established Member
04srt4 said:
you are indeed correct.... 100-125 shot...
but to all who categorize srt4's by stages....

i drive a stage 1
stage 1> stage 2 IMHO.
:pepper:

04srt4

Banned
yes.. i would be a lot more worried about racing a stage 1 srt4, than a stage 2....
there are a lot more fast stage 1's than stage 2's

gnxs

Established Member
04srt4 said:
yes.. i would be a lot more worried about racing a stage 1 srt4, than a stage 2....

The SRT-4 guys in my neck of the woods say the same thing.

69hahaha

Established Member
BLUBYYOU said:
the original poster said he was called out by a stage 2 srt4, with supporting mods such as intake , dp, and "headers"<---turbo's don't have headers, so I am assuming he meant 02 housing or something along those lines. The poster then said his bullit was stock.
It was then pretty much agreed on, he would get beat.

this is the condensed version tho, read the whole book if you dare!

Idon't think he was saying that the Bullitt would win and he was replying to a diff. post. And how is it that turbo cars or however you are putting it don't have headers or header?

69hahaha

Established Member
04srt4 said:

Why is this? I mean moyou would think that more mods should make you faster.

04srt4

Banned
69hahaha said:
Why is this? I mean moyou would think that more mods should make you faster.

because the guys who desire speed only... just buy a stage 1 pcm so they can more safely mod their car with aftermarket parts.....

aftermarket parts > mopar parts .......... when it comes to performance

formula87350

Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
kid at my school bought one, He "thinks" hes know for being the bad ass car guy at school but hes not at all. He had a 91 TBI camaro HA! and now this car.

I beat a stage II before but he does have a little more work, headers, intake, downpipe. I think that is all.

I should be able to run on him pretty easily right?

The SRT-4 would win.

04srt4

Banned
and stage 2 from mopar makes your car run EXTREMELY rich.. which robs a lot of power.....

i have seen countless people go to the track with stage 2 and run times similar to a stock srt4.

BLUBYYOU

beep beep, hi!
Established Member
69hahaha said:
Idon't think he was saying that the Bullitt would win and he was replying to a diff. post. And how is it that turbo cars or however you are putting it don't have headers or header?
turbos have downpipes.

04srt4

Banned
Blue03Cobra said:
Yeah, and it's about to be over...

just some friendly conversation between different types of car guys learning about each others' cars :thumbsup:

great way to pass the work day if you ask me :)

BLUBYYOU

beep beep, hi!
Established Member
Blue03Cobra said:
Yeah, and it's about to be over...
why?

the thread is on topic and no one is slamming each other, just asking and answering questions.

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Well down here in san diego when carlsbad was open i saw at least 10 SRT-4s that were stock at the track. i would say a solid average for them was about 14.20s one guy finally got a good launch and i think clipped a 13.99 or something. But the moddeed ones did a best of 13.6s for what i saw. Because i remember the ringleader of their group had the fastest one and i ran him in my GT(this was back before my heads and cam) and we ran dead even down the quarter 13.6 to 13.6. But then again with my mods i would be lucky to beat a bone stock one :rollseyes

04srt4

Banned
WhiteDevil said:
Well down here in san diego when carlsbad was open i saw at least 10 SRT-4s that were stock at the track. i would say a solid average for them was about 14.20s one guy finally got a good launch and i think clipped a 13.99 or something. But the moddeed ones did a best of 13.6s for what i saw. Because i remember the ringleader of their group had the fastest one and i ran him in my GT(this was back before my heads and cam) and we ran dead even down the quarter 13.6 to 13.6. But then again with my mods i would be lucky to beat a bone stock one :rollseyes

you could probably beat a stock one....
as long as he didnt remove his spare/jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread