stage 3 cam question

mustangsvtblack

Established Member
i have a 03 cobra with a 6lb lower, CAI, o/r bassani x pipe and catback, and a dyno tune. i want to get stage 3 cams put in it and i was wondering what all i would need to purchase to make it all work. I know i will definately need a new tune but i just want to make sure i get everything needed.

GodStang

Established Member
uummm.... There is alot involved. Not sure on your experience but you are looking at $1100 for cams and yanking the engine to install them. If you have a pro do it you are looking to have ~$2500 for just the work. All this for maybe 20-30 rwhp gain. For that money I would go twin screw. A whole lot more gain.

mustangsvtblack

Established Member
install isnt what im concerned about i will do that myself, i used to be a ford tech. before going to work as a tech for the railroad. what im looking for is what is need to do the job right. thanks to any help!

WDW MKR

Established Member
Search and you'll find several threads on this. Your needs with regards to tools and soft goods will depend on whether you try to do it with the engine in or out of the car, whether or not you use the factory sprocket keyways, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread