Sra back to IRS

Cabbage

Established Member
Pulling my sra to go back to irs. I did wild rides torque box kit. I never welded it tho. Just bolted. Should I take the kit out? Or just leave it in?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I mean it's not the end of the world having extra reinforcement

Cabbage

Established Member
for many many years, this is the first time I ever seen someone going from SRA back to IRS, way to go man, forget those SRA.

Ya man. Honestly I had a fully built irs with ftbr, true Trac all arp bolts and studs. Ran it 150 miles sold it and went fully built sra with awesome parts in it too. I hate the way it rides. It hooks great but I’m pumped to go irs again. I’ve got the new irs built with MM everything, tru trac, arp everywhere I could and still need to get my Gforce axles. Have bassani irs exhaust. I think an irs is a big part of what cobras different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Are you planning on welding the holes in the floor where the bolts went through?
I'd just leave them there. Unless for some reason they are in the way.

tjs98gt

Established Member
I'd probably just leave them in place, but I agree with the others, you never hear of anyone going back to IRS from SRA. One of my previous Mustangs was a 98 GT that I did an IRS swap on for the handling and because I loved the looks of it, especially the exhaust. But with the IRS I couldn't launch the car nearly as well as the solid for whatever reason so I regretted it after time.

Users who are viewing this thread