squeeky Brakes?

skstang

Established Member
Anybody else out there have squeeky brakes? It's driving me nuts. I got a $40,000 car that sounds like a damn 75' Chevette coming upto a stoplight. Only have 1800 miles on it.

Stalker

Established Member
My fronts have a high pitched squeal when I brake lightly. I have about 2k miles on it... was going to give it 5k miles before I did anything about it.

matstang03

Established Member
Originally posted by skstang
Anybody else out there have squeeky brakes? It's driving me nuts. I got a $40,000 car that sounds like a damn 75' Chevette coming upto a stoplight. Only have 1800 miles on it.

Hell yeah i have the same problem you are having and i agree w/ you 100%. I have a 40,000 car that squeeks when i go tto stop. I hate it, and it is bothering me liek crazy. I also have1800 miles on my car. I thought the brakes were just breaking in, but i think that is not the case. I am prob gonan bring it in and have it checked out. There should be no sound at all form this car, besides the supercharger and exhaust. I thought i was the only one w/ this problem.
Matt

SVTyballz

Established Member
I had the sqeak problem until I completed my first autocross event. After that, no more squeaky brakes. Checked everything afterward, rotors and pads both look great. So my suggestion would be..................drive the piss out of your car and stomp on the brakes alot. At least for a few minutes at a time. I'm not sure if this is what you are SUPPOSED to do, but it worked for me. The squeak didn't really bother me anyway, but it is gone nonetheless.

gary

Users who are viewing this thread