Square 315’s? (Front end mods to do so)

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
thinking of doing some front end work to fit a square 315 on my car. Slightly wider front fenders by an 1/1/2” at most, right sized components for wheel rate and geometry. Start with an sla and go from there.

What do you guys think of various efforts people have done to widen 03 cobra’s? I’ve never tackled this because I think I’ll make more of a wilder beast than a slam dunk out of it. Might handle better, or worse maybe. On paper it’s easy enough to do the math and balance the geometry but getting anything fabricated as ordered is a struggle and not everything goes as planned.

I’ve put 315/30/18’s on the front to see what knocks and couldn’t get a good idea because the wheels were a rear wheel with different backspacing so they sunk in and couldn’t fit.

I’d want to add the width from the outside of what’s currently the face of the front rim, not inboard. So itd be finding ways to accommodate about 35mm” wider when turning lock to lock. Flared fenders would basically cover it, as the inside wouldn’t change. (Same tire height, 25.5” front, maybe a 26” tire) I’d also want to sneak in a thin skinny rear facing fender vent aka gt350. Maybe 3/4” wide by 8-12” tall. Enough to catch the eye but not look like a transformer.

What do you guys think? Goal would be for extra front grip/balance but also some added looks for the front.

At the rear, I want to get a nice built in diffuser with ducts to the irs. Factory looking like an evo or sti simple things. (Not going into detail there because it’s more of an aero and body mod, wrong sub forum, and does almost nothing for handling)

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
all of the new edge american iron stuff i have seen utilize larger fenders (maybe some of them are 335).

but carlos (racebronco2) on here has sla and i believe that he may have been running 315 squared with stock front fenders.

33901224063_large.jpg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
You can run square 315s on stock fenders. SLA and proper offset wheels. Plenty of road racing guys do this

buexdreux

Established Member
Sub'd. I'm wanting to run the widest wheel/tire combo on my car since I track it several times a year and I don't really want to cut up the fenders.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Is there any SLA besides the Grigg's stuff? I know Agent47 did one for a min... MM always talked about it, I know at least one guy made his own to run with mostly MM parts.

fitforspeed

Established Member
thinking of doing some front end work to fit a square 315 on my car. Slightly wider front fenders by an 1/1/2” at most, right sized components for wheel rate and geometry. Start with an sla and go from there.

What do you guys think of various efforts people have done to widen 03 cobra’s? I’ve never tackled this because I think I’ll make more of a wilder beast than a slam dunk out of it. Might handle better, or worse maybe. On paper it’s easy enough to do the math and balance the geometry but getting anything fabricated as ordered is a struggle and not everything goes as planned.

I’ve put 315/30/18’s on the front to see what knocks and couldn’t get a good idea because the wheels were a rear wheel with different backspacing so they sunk in and couldn’t fit.

I’d want to add the width from the outside of what’s currently the face of the front rim, not inboard. So itd be finding ways to accommodate about 35mm” wider when turning lock to lock. Flared fenders would basically cover it, as the inside wouldn’t change. (Same tire height, 25.5” front, maybe a 26” tire) I’d also want to sneak in a thin skinny rear facing fender vent aka gt350. Maybe 3/4” wide by 8-12” tall. Enough to catch the eye but not look like a transformer.

What do you guys think? Goal would be for extra front grip/balance but also some added looks for the front.

At the rear, I want to get a nice built in diffuser with ducts to the irs. Factory looking like an evo or sti simple things. (Not going into detail there because it’s more of an aero and body mod, wrong sub forum, and does almost nothing for handling)

You should contact Adam Carter (C2Carters Customs). He builds splitters and diffusers and has 315’s on the front and rear of his Mach 1. Also RHR Performance builds some custom carbon fiber front fenders for the new edge cars.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I’m working on going 315’s with an sla. It’s a twin turbo car so we are just seeing what would need to be worked out/redone.

May not happen in 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread