Spy Shots: Ford Maverick Rattler Sits Slightly Higher in Dearborn

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

Maverick

This is a first look at the Ford Maverick Rattler while testing in Dearborn.

It was just a few months ago that Carbuzz discovered that Ford filed a trademark registration for the name “Rattler” with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. The filing was “intended to cover the categories of motor vehicles, namely, automobiles, pickup trucks, electric vehicles, sport-utility vehicles, off-road vehicles and their structural parts.”

Fast forward to today, and now we have our first look at a running prototype. Looking at the Rattler, the main difference appears to be a revised front end, specifically the lower front fascia. Compared to the standard Maverick, the Rattler features a lower front skid plate bumper with a better approach angle. Additionally, it’s been confirmed that the Rattler sits about an inch higher than the current Maverick FX4, which it’s based on.

Power is expected to come from the 2.0L EcoBoost with 250hp and 277 lb.-ft. while being mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. Expect an official debut in early 2022.

Maverick

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't like the boxy canopy, but I'll reserve final judgement after final pics. Thanks for posting the news, Sid. You do a great job with so much going on in the Ford world.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
It's like the explorer sport trac but worse IMHO

*edit*

Wait...it looks like an explorer sport trac and a Honda Ridgeline had a kid

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Why lift this. After the SEMA response to the Tucci Hot Rods street truck why not bring back a sport truck?!? Stupid move. This isnt a body on frame truck like the Ranger or F150. Its prime for an ST model or a Sport model.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree, Kevin. And that's IMO what truck fans are looking for with the Maverick. A Sport or ST model should be a no-brainer. Maybe it will still come.

Users who are viewing this thread