Spy Shots: '23 Ford Ranger Raptor Drops Heavy Camo

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

Ford Ranger Raptor

This is the next-gen Ford Ranger Raptor undergoing testing in light camo, showing a few new elements about the off-road truck.

These new shots provide a best look yet at the front end, including the unique grille and revised front fascia, complete with a set of fog lights and a noticeable front skid plate.

At the side, there’s a set of high-clearance running boards along with black wheels with beefy BFG tires, while the rear end features a set of dual exhausts with a black finish.

With the debut of the international Ford Ranger out of the way, Ford will next reveal the Ranger for the U.S. market, followed by the debut of the Ranger Raptor for global markets.

Ford Ranger Raptor

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I saw my first Ranger in the wild today. Gray. It had what looks like the same running boards. What amazed me was how small the Ranger is. Not that I should be surprised knowing in my head it was Ford's smallest truck. But actually seeing it, I saw right away that if I was looking for a truck, it's too small.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Ranger Raptor in its final trim.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I saw my first Ranger in the wild today. Gray. It had what looks like the same running boards. What amazed me was how small the Ranger is. Not that I should be surprised knowing in my head it was Ford's smallest truck. But actually seeing it, I saw right away that if I was looking for a truck, it's too small.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Ranger Raptor in its final trim.
Ford's smallest truck is the Maverick...

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I have a new Ranger and it is more along the size of an F-150 from the early 2000s. Similar length and height and maybe a little narrower. Trucks have really grown in the last 20 years. The new Ranger would have been considered more of a full size truck 20 years ago.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a new Ranger and it is more along the size of an F-150 from the early 2000s. Similar length and height and maybe a little narrower. Trucks have really grown in the last 20 years. The new Ranger would have been considered more of a full size truck 20 years ago.
Very true that today's Ford truck models have grown in size. Funny how calling the Maverick "small" get a snicker or two because it really isn't "small" when you compare it to trucks from the '90s.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Very true that today's Ford truck models have grown in size. Funny how calling the Maverick "small" get a snicker or two because it really isn't "small" when you compare it to trucks from the '90s.

The Maverick really is bigger than you would think. Its funny that some guys are giving them a 2" lift (you can use Bronco Sport kits I believe) and they really do not look to bad.

If I had one I would do the opposite and do some suspension work for handling with a lower stance and nice sticky tires. That platform with AWD and the 2.0 Ecoboost would make a nice little vehicle to terrorize the import crowd. Lol.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The Maverick really is bigger than you would think. Its funny that some guys are giving them a 2" lift (you can use Bronco Sport kits I believe) and they really do not look to bad.

If I had one I would do the opposite and do some suspension work for handling with a lower stance and nice sticky tires. That platform with AWD and the 2.0 Ecoboost would make a nice little vehicle to terrorize the import crowd. Lol.
One of the guys on Car Fix went with a 90's theme for his new Maverick. Crazy paint, lowered, and period correct wheels. It wasn't too bad really.

Users who are viewing this thread