Spy Shots: '23 Corvette E-Ray Caught Completely Undisguised in Metro Detroit

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

Corvette

This is the upcoming Corvette E-Ray testing in Metro Detroit without a single ounce of camo.

The prototype seen here wears an identical body to that of the ’23 Corvette Z06 with the optional Z07 package, but with one exception: the exhaust. While the Z06 has a center exit exhaust setup, this prototype has the same outboard exhaust configuration as the C8 Stingray. In addition, this vehicle sounded very different from the raspy and high-revving Z06.

The Corvette E-Ray is expected to mate the 6.2L V8 from the Stingray with a hybrid configuration, adding a new model to the Corvette family. Expect a launch toward the end of the 2022 calendar year as a ’23 model.

Corvette

q6543

Established Member
A hybrid.... weak sauce, what a half ass.

Give the people a 4 motor, 4400lb c8 that makes 1400 tq instantly.

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I love these cars. The visibility is so shit even the rear end / tail lights are squinting. Ehhh mid engine stuff but still funny.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool. They still have V8 options without hybrid tech infused.

Curious to see how this one does performance wise.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Curious the power numbers. If we around 500 HP with the 6.2 and with EV boost , will they rate it around 750? ( to match ZR1) or will this slot between the ZR1 and Z06

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
ICE to Hybrid to EV. Sucks, but it's happening before our eyes. They're boiling us slowly to death. LOL.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
ICE to Hybrid to EV. Sucks, but it's happening before our eyes. They're boiling us slowly to death. LOL.
Agreed 100% but let me just say that Ferrari SF90 is soooo sweet. Just a small example. It’s just easy power I guess. Yes it does also make car heavier.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That said, if I was gifted one of these high performance EVs/Hybrids, I would accept it with a smile.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Sounds like a great way to ease the Corvette loyalist who are still pissed the pop up headlights are gone into the next era. But it also seems like a waist of engineering? If we know where the future is going, why not just focus on that. If the technology is not ready, then spend this time giving us the best gas guzzling cars you can until it is. I just see no reason for any new hybrid development at this point. If we are gonna go electric then lets go.

Users who are viewing this thread