Spy Shots — 2022 Ranger Raptor Mule Caught Testing

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Out of all these up coming vehicles the Bronco is #1 on my anticipation scale. 20x more excited for it than anything else, I just pray that Im not let down. Knowing that its ranger based IFS is a bit of a bummer already though

He didn't give me solid details but he said I absolutely wont be disappointed and said it will be a huge hit. Said it has just the right amount of 70s influence in it. Im wondering if we will see it next week at the NY Auto Show? That is usually a big even for Ford.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
4B9074F4-4BE9-4555-AFB2-2B391FDC8E33.jpeg

You can get one of these in the $30k’s as well brand new after about $10k off msrp. Compared to the new ranger same price point it’s a no brainer.
A 2 year old F-150 is the way to go.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It sure seems as if Ford half-assed the new Ranger. Some really poor functionality quirks (back seat folds down stupidly, no soft open tailgate, etc.) The Taco and GM twins are relatively old in comparison, and the Ranger is at best, somewhere mid-pack.

Maybe this is intentional to protect cannibalization of the F series.
At that point why do it then? That was the whole argument before. Small trucks don't drive a huge premium to cover tech costs and technology has made full sizes become more efficient closing the MPG Gap.

21mpg isn't really an improvement from yesterday's compact trucks and then compare that to the full sizes that once struggled to get double digits are now pressing into the 20's.

Back in the 80's a compact truck cost as much as a compact car. Oh well.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Hard Pass.

I currently have a Ranger Rental. Meh

Suspension is Sloppy, transmission has brain farts and build quality is ho-hum 2010 Ford.

21mpg, 90% 50mph highway 2wd.

My 2005 Tacoma is better built, driving and more torquey with a nicer bed.

Rangers top into the 50's, so I can't see paying $50-65k when I can get a F150 Raptor for $55-70k.

Im guessing you have a base ranger that you are comparing to your well equipped Tacoma.

Even thoe your 2005 and the 2019 are basically the same truck with a newer engine. Im not impressed with the Tacoma. Crappy ride, basic inside. Not very roomy. Only real benifit is the suspension options.

TaraFirma

Established Member
View attachment 1565775
You can get one of these in the $30k’s as well brand new after about $10k off msrp. Compared to the new ranger same price point it’s a no brainer.

Not a big fan of the new Ranger. I'd rather have a lower trim F-150 for simialr money.

These two are why the Ranger went bye bye in the first place.

Saw the new rangers and went right out and found the cleanest low mile 2011 I could find to replace my 05. Picked this up a couple months ago. Four cylinder, 5 speed, 2wd, loaded with 70K. View attachment 1566077

That’s a good looking ranger. I’d love to see a coyote or 3.5 ecoboost swap into one of those.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Im waiting for the Bronco. Talked to a friend from highschool that works for Ford in the GT program and he said we are all absolutely going to want one and said he is getting one as soon as they drop. Dont know how much truck it will be but I still want one.

Right there with you.....If its legit and isnt stuck with only a 4cyl, It may replace my 4Runner

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Im guessing you have a base ranger that you are comparing to your well equipped Tacoma.

Even thoe your 2005 and the 2019 are basically the same truck with a newer engine. Im not impressed with the Tacoma. Crappy ride, basic inside. Not very roomy. Only real benifit is the suspension options.

These two are why the Ranger went bye bye in the first place.

That’s a good looking ranger. I’d love to see a coyote or 3.5 ecoboost swap into one of those.

There was also the Sport Trac, which I like better than the new Ranger.

12shoot6.jpeg
281083-1-2001-explorer-sport-trac-ford-stock-body-lift-3in-american-eagle-na-chrome.jpeg
install-westin-sportsman-grille-guard-2003-ford-explorer-sport-trac-40-0805_644.jpeg
ford-explorer-sport-trac-black-3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread