Spy Shots—Cadillac CT4 V Blackwing Caught Track Testing

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

i-vhgqql7-x2.jpg

Here’s the upcoming Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing track testing in Milford Michigan.

These shots show the upcoming CT4 family range-topper with its production-intent front end free of much camo, which haven't been seen until now. Compared to the regular CT4-V, the Blackwing model seems to have a smaller upper grille and a larger lower grille. That lower unit has horizontal “slats” on each side, something that the “regular” CT4-V doesn’t have.

Earlier this year, it was reported that the CT4-V Blackwing will be powered by a 3.6L twin-turbo V6 engine carried over from the ATS-V, where it made 464 hp and 445 lb.-ft. of torque. The report said that output in the CT4-V Blackwing will be roughly the same, though a 10-speed automatic transmission will replace the eight-speed auto previously offered in the ATS-V. A six-speed manual will be offered, according to the publication.

Other elements of the CT4-V Blackwing include wider front and rear tires and air outlets behind the front wheels. A hood-mounted heat/air extractor present on the ATS-V will not make it to the CT4-V Blackwing.

Expect a debut later this year and an on-sale date in 2021.

i-fjpmdc4-x2.jpg

snakecharmer

Established Member
I am struggling to like the back of the CT4 or CT5. The slope of the roof and short trunk lid give it an appearance of having been hit in the back and squashed. The front looks fine.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Well, at least GM is delivering in the family performance sedan segment. SHO is gone, Fusion Sport is gone, so all Ford has is SUVs and Trucks.

+1

I'll certainly give them credit for trying. They've been working hard to get back into luxury car segment for the better part of two decades. Really highlights how difficult it is to rebuild a tarnished and neglected brand. Lot's of very poor choices made by prior leadership. GM's spending billions to be a legit player in a segment they once dominated.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I had an ATS, the chassis was amazing, and the CT4 is an extension of that architecture.
That said, no matter how much fun the ATS was, they still couldn't sell them, and its a shame.
I don't see how these are going to fare any better, but yeah, points for trying for sure.

In other news, people are waiting up to a YEAR for delivery of Kia Telluride SUVs, so...yeah, this is the way of our world...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not liking it at all, except for the powertrain. I agree with @snakecharmer that the rear end looks squished. And man, that trunk looks TINY in proportion to the rest of the car. Give new meaning to the words, "butt" ugly.
upload_2020-7-10_10-20-45.png

snakecharmer

Established Member
I had an ATS, the chassis was amazing, and the CT4 is an extension of that architecture.
That said, no matter how much fun the ATS was, they still couldn't sell them, and its a shame.
I don't see how these are going to fare any better, but yeah, points for trying for sure.

In other news, people are waiting up to a YEAR for delivery of Kia Telluride SUVs, so...yeah, this is the way of our world...

I considered one of those for a daily. Loved the looks and the car drove great. I think the reason they sold badly was the interior. I'm only 5' 9" and it felt very cramped for the size car it was. In any case the interior on the car was not very well done IMO, CUE was a hot mess, and that was what turned me off.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Looks like a 2010 Maxima.

kb127451.jpg

G_H7ReYdA-k-sNSuZY2rmn4i8wr36ABIeS0m6-nV1xdsSP4wlRGh4vAmVDkqkvdlwf3BAxkAwzuBDnj7JQTvL7YFJkoCSgxA.jpg

Attachments

• 2010_nissan_maxima_s-pic-8785974584570442788-1600x1200.png
    2010_nissan_maxima_s-pic-8785974584570442788-1600x1200.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 63

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I considered one of those for a daily. Loved the looks and the car drove great. I think the reason they sold badly was the interior. I'm only 5' 9" and it felt very cramped for the size car it was. In any case the interior on the car was not very well done IMO, CUE was a hot mess, and that was what turned me off.
It was tight, and the back seat is worthless for anyone with legs.
CUE was not that bad, at least to me, although I did have to have the entire unit replaced once it started delaminating.
There were also the 3 blown 2.0T motors, but that's another story :)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My neighbor had a ARQ, and in the first 8 month he had it, I think he put about 200ish miles on it. He had it loaded on a flatbed more than it was in his garage. They ended up buying it back from him in the end.

kaz109

Established Member
I had my share of issues with the ATS, but the AR Quad sounds like the hot mess of all hot messes. Never seem to hear about one of those cars without a terrible story of parts breakage, break downs, etc.

How Reliable Is the 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio?

Agreed....i only know of 3 ppl that have a quad and they haven't had any issues but as a whole I always hear about Alfa Romeo reliability. Personally I have been burnt so much by GM I have a hard time believing any other manufacturer can be worse lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Chassis is amazing and so is that powerplant! 450-500+ whp tune only is something to be excited about for sure.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Chassis is amazing and so is that powerplant! 450-500+ whp tune only is something to be excited about for sure.
A coworker had an ATS-V, and as odd as it sounds, it never felt as fast as it was or should be.
Even once we tuned it, and then added downpipes and CAI, etc, it was making over 530 rwhp but never felt like a 500+ rwhp car. Something about the power delivery of that TT 3.6...
Could have also been related to the use of the 8 speed Auto....I'm guessing the 10 speed will make this set up shine.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
A coworker had an ATS-V, and as odd as it sounds, it never felt as fast as it was or should be.
Even once we tuned it, and then added downpipes and CAI, etc, it was making over 530 rwhp but never felt like a 500+ rwhp car. Something about the power delivery of that TT 3.6...
Could have also been related to the use of the 8 speed Auto....I'm guessing the 10 speed will make this set up shine.

Thats really interesting. I know they can run pretty hard tuned.. plenty of 10 sec cars right around 128-130mph but seems they struggle due to a large lack of support when you try to go past that power level probably due to fueling.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Yeah they put up numbers, but go for a ride....its not a V8 :)
Just not my cup of tea for a driving experience.

I have driven some tuned BMW TT V6s that felt more like a V8, which is interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread