Spy Shots—Baby Bronco Tests Its Off-Road Chops

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

i-NHn5zt2-X4.jpg

This is the upcoming Ford Adventurer compact SUV.

Ford will fill out its SUV lineup with the introduction of an Escape-based crossover that’s made more rugged and styled similarly to the upcoming Bronco SUV. Called “Baby Bronco” or “Scout,” it's tipped to be given the Adventurer nameplate for the ’21 model year.

Little is known about the small “Bronco,” other than it will use mechanicals from the ’20 Escape. Expect it to be larger than a Jeep Renegade, but boast similar levels of off-road capability and come with five doors. A lineup of turbocharged four- and possibly three-cylinder engines are expected, as well as some type of hybrid or plug-in version. Front-wheel-drive will likely be the standard drivetrain, however.

Expect to see baby Adventurer sometime next year.

i-tCwvHNp-X4.jpg

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

Coiled03

Established Member
From SEMA:

View attachment 1590569

This is the upcoming Ford Adventurer compact SUV.

Ford will fill out its SUV lineup with the introduction of an Escape-based crossover that’s made more rugged and styled similarly to the upcoming Bronco SUV. Called “Baby Bronco” or “Scout,” it's tipped to be given the Adventurer nameplate for the ’21 model year.

Little is known about the small “Bronco,” other than it will use mechanicals from the ’20 Escape. Expect it to be larger than a Jeep Renegade, but boast similar levels of off-road capability and come with five doors. A lineup of turbocharged four- and possibly three-cylinder engines are expected, as well as some type of hybrid or plug-in version. Front-wheel-drive will likely be the standard drivetrain, however.

Expect to see baby Adventurer sometime next year.

View attachment 1590570

That's basically a 2011 Escape with some camouflage on it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Welp... i guess that didnt go as planned (long anticipated return of the Bronco).

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 4.33.33 PM.png

Sweet, a 4WD Scion xB!

2008_scion_xb_wagon_base_fq_oem_2_500.jpg

The design ingenuity of today’s automotive engineers is incredible!

nxhappy

Established Member
good God that looks retarded. I hope it looks better than that ....somehow...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Disappointing, when you consider what Ford COULD have done, design wise. I'm still hopeful, but not greatly hopeful. Reminds me of the disappointment I felt when I found out the Edge ST was far less special than Ford could have made it. Had Ford produced a proper Edge ST, I would be driving one today. I would bet that a number of folks who were intending on buying the Adventurer will consider other options.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I’m pretty there are already leaked pictures of what it looks like.

and again.........don’t call the thing a Scout

Users who are viewing this thread