Spy Shots—’21 Ford Bronco Four-Door Breaks Cover

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

i-9Ljd3Bz-X4.jpg

Here’s a first look at the upcoming Ford Bronco while cold-weather testing. The prototype seen here is in significantly more advanced stages of development than the early chassis mule seen last year, which was cobbled together from various makeshift bits and ends.

This is the four-door variant. Though it’s wearing a lot of heavy camo, particularly on the roof, the general shape of the design is undeniable, and lines up with what’s been leaked out in the past. Upright front and rear ends along with upright pillars give way to short overhangs—elements that play along well with the offroad-oriented nature of the upcoming Bronco. The prototype also has a solid amount of ground clearance. A spare wheel on the swing gate is complemented by what appears to be production-intent taillamps.

Much like the Jeep Wrangler, the Bronco will be available in both two- and four-door configurations. A pickup variant has also been rumored. Powertrain details are a bit scarce at the moment, but the 2.3L EcoBoost mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission from the Ford Ranger will be a likely option.

The Bronco is expected to be unveiled this spring and go on sale several months thereafter.

i-3PMhxXF-X4.jpg

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
It will definitely be a let down in my eyes. The concept truck was absolutely perfect, but FORD will screw that all up with the production unit I am sure.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Horrible. Never ever should be a 4 door Bronco.

As long as they are offering a 2 door as well then there absolutely should be. If you want the model to actually stick around and sell then you have to have a 4 door or they won't sell enough. Cant always hold onto old traditions in a completely different buyer's market.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
The 2 door if executed correctly might be hard to resist. The third brake light on the spare tire shows the roof comes off. The rearview mirrors are on the a pillar so the doors look optional as well...
Maybe in 2021 I'll look at upgrading the ol Escape.
If money wasn't an option I'd have a Raptor.
Sent from my Note9

Last edited:

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Horrible. Never ever should be a 4 door Bronco.

They need it if it really is going to go against the Wrangler- Something like 70% of wranglers sold now are unlimited models. While most end up mall crawlers that occasionally take the roof off, I know a good amount that use them on the trails with their families. 4-door made it an easier sell.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It will definitely be a let down in my eyes. The concept truck was absolutely perfect, but FORD will screw that all up with the production unit I am sure.
That's my fear, too. With the now infamous new Mustang SUV/Crossover becoming a disappointing reality, it's hard to trust anything Ford designs. We'll have to wait and see what the final product looks like, exterior and interior.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I’m getting more excited about the release. The options of a 2/4 door is great for variety. No one should be upset there’s a 4 door version, after all the same was said about the charger and look how successful that’s been.

Users who are viewing this thread