Spy Shots—’21 F-150 Hybrid Testing in Light Camo

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

i-svTdBtN-X4.jpg

This is the ’21 Ford F-150 Hybrid, caught testing virtually undisguised in Dearborn, Michigan.

Ford is giving the F-150 a significant overhaul about six years after the current, aluminum-intensive model made its debut. While the sheetmetal is said to be changed, under the light camouflage, it looks to keep similar styling cues to the facelifted ’18 model that continues today, save for a heavily revised grille and front end.

Changes under the skin are set to be dominated by a new 4.8L V8 that is expected to replace the current 5.0L option, although the engine lineup will continue to be dominated by EcoBoost engines. The 3.0L turbodiesel V6 is expected to continue now that GM and FCA offer diesel pickups, while a gas-electric hybrid is also planned to join the engine lineup with this latest version. A plug-in hybrid may also follow, while a full-electric F-150 is also said to be in the works—and may have some input with new partner Rivian. Finally, it’s expected the high-performance, off-road Raptor variant will get rear coil springs, while other models will retain the leaf springs.

Inside, the F-150 will get a substantial makeover with Ford’s latest interior designs. A fully digital instrument cluster and larger infotainment screen may be part of the program, as well as more upscale materials for high-trim models. But the overall interior space is likely to be similar to the current truck, considering the platform will remain largely unchanged.

The mainstream variants of the ’21 F-150 should go on sale in early fall 2020, with other models, including a hybrid or Raptor following as soon as early ’21. Expect the F-150 to be shown this summer, possibly at June’s Detroit Auto Show.

i-K39F2Kz-X4.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Look forward to the new 4.8L v8. The F150 definitely needs some updated interior improvements. Dodge has been killing it in that department. I prefer the ford layout but needs better trims.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Looks pretty mild. Can't wait to see it unveiled.

The F150 definitely needs some updated interior improvements. Dodge has been killing it in that department. I prefer the ford layout but needs better trims.

Agreed, I love my '19 Platinum but it isn't even in the same league as the Ram.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Looks pretty mild. Can't wait to see it unveiled.

Agreed, I love my '19 Platinum but it isn't even in the same league as the Ram.

The layout on it is really nice and easy. But could really use some nice leather trim like the ram does. But sync 3 is still one of the best infotainment systems out there

Users who are viewing this thread