Spy Shots—’20 Nissan Titan PRO-4X

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

i-9wjvRK8-X4.jpg

Here’s a first look at the ’20 Nissan Titan PRO-4X testing in Farmington Hills, Michigan.

Nissan will give the Titan fullsize pickup a modest facelift for 2020, three years after the half-ton models were introduced and four years after the slightly larger XD models went on sale. The PRO-4X model is expected to continue as the more off-road-oriented model to rival vehicles such as the Chevrolet Silverado Z71. Changes on the outside, however, will be limited to a revised grille, lights and tailgate design.

More significant changes will be found inside, where the old Nissan infotainment system finally gives way to what looks to be a large infotainment system, possibly as large as 10 in. Modern connectivity features are also expected as the company upgrades its infotainment systems across its lineup, but the Titan’s looks to be the largest system offered on a North American Nissan model yet. Other interior changes concern revised switches and materials that look to be more upscale than what’s currently on the Titan, even if they aren’t as radically styled as those found on rivals, such as the RAM 1500.

It’s unclear if these changes will extend to the Titan XD, or what powertrain changes are in store for 2020. Rumors surround a V6 finally being added to the half-ton model and the XD diesel being dropped for the ’20 or ’21 MY. Details have not been revealed for the V6 engine, though it could be a 3.8L DOHC 24v V6 that is expected to find a home in the next Frontier as the uplevel engine.

Expect an official debut later this year.

i-2wPJ7jz-X4.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Never been a fan of them. But i hear the 5.6 is reliable. Small inside thoe.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Trucks are garbage. The 5.6 is a gas guzzling dog.

^^This^^ I had a 2007 Titan LE. Total POS, front hubs, Radiators, Rear, Exhaust manifolds that just split @ $1,500/pc. Eventually the trans went out and that was it. I bought an F150 and never looked back and never would.

Helomech74

Established Member
I have 248K miles on my 06 CC SE 4x4, no issues at all. Had a small leak on the transfer case output seal and one axle seal that leaked. I replaced those and other than normal maintenance items it's been very reliable. As for fuel mileage, it does guzzle gas, but mines lifted with larger tires, so I expected that. I average about 18 highway and 14 city.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I always forget Nissan has a 1/2 ton. Rarely see them anywhere.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

You dont see them at all because you can get a better truck from the "Big 3" for almost $15k less than a mid-level Titan. Dont even look at the starting price of a Titan XD. ****ing truck is nearly 2500HD pricing for a 1/2 ton with a mini diesel.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Neighbor kid has an older one. He removed the A and N off the rear tailgate so it says, "TIT."

OneSlowV

Established Member
Buddy bought one with the V8 gotta day I was impressed for the power it had nice truck really

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Expected from a Nissan owner. Does he flat bill it also? Drink Monster Energy? Just happen to have a girlfriend with dark roots and bleach blonde hair?

I literally spit out my coffee! The only person I knew who ever drove a Titan was a dude in California, wore flat bills, drank Monster, had a bleach blonde girlfriend with bolt-ons, had the truck wrapped to promote some "action sports centered" video site that they wanted to compete with Youtube. LOL.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I literally spit out my coffee! The only person I knew who ever drove a Titan was a dude in California, wore flat bills, drank Monster, had a bleach blonde girlfriend with bolt-ons, had the truck wrapped to promote some "action sports centered" video site that they wanted to compete with Youtube. LOL.

Was his name Kyle?

Users who are viewing this thread