Spy Shots—’19 LHD Ranger Raptor Caught Testing Stateside

96 cobra

Established Member
I like prefer that front over my 3rd gen tacoma, it fits the style of the rest of the truck better.
Wish the ranger/raptor was 1st gen tacoma-sized...

blk02edge

Established Member
Looks super bland. Then again, so does the Colorado ZR2 without the light/roll bar on the bed. Speaking of the ZR2, the Ranger Raptor is going to have some stiff competition. From everything I've been reading and watching lately from off-roading channels, the ZR2 is as good as the F150 Raptor. Some even say, because of its smaller size, the ZR2 is better than the F150 Raptor! :eek: (Then there's rumor of an even more extreme ZR2 Bison coming to production!) The biggest downfall to the ZR2 is the snore inducing interior. The Ranger definitely has it beat there.
Depends where you are comparing them. The zr2 is most definitely better than the big raptor in certain areas.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Depends where you are comparing them. The zr2 is most definitely better than the big raptor in certain areas.

Yeah. In a flat out Baja-type run, the ZR2 has no chance against the F150 Raptor. None. I think in most rock crawling and hill climbing ventures, the ZR2 will go toe-to-toe and might even come out on top several times. One thing I think was smart on Chevy's part and was an oversight on Ford's part is rock sliders. Why didn't Ford make the side steps so that they double as a sliders? (For that matter, why didn't Chevy make the sliders double as side steps?) For what these trucks are designed for, sliders are much more useful.

blk02edge

Established Member
Yeah. In a flat out Baja-type run, the ZR2 has no chance against the F150 Raptor. None. I think in most rock crawling and hill climbing ventures, the ZR2 will go toe-to-toe and might even come out on top several times. One thing I think was smart on Chevy's part and was an oversight on Ford's part is rock sliders. Why didn't Ford make the side steps so that they double as a sliders? (For that matter, why didn't Chevy make the sliders double as side steps?) For what these trucks are designed for, sliders are much more useful.
Yea i just mean for the type of wheeling 99% of people do, the smaller size will be far better. Raptors hardly fit in any forest trails

Jiffy

Established Member
My brother has a Ranger, here in Australia they're EVERYWHERE and Ford's #1 selling vehicle I think.
they're virtually all 3.2Ltr turbo diesels (367ft/lbs) although they do offer a 2.2ltr diesel too. Nice ride...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
My brother has a Ranger, here in Australia they're EVERYWHERE and Ford's #1 selling vehicle I think.
they're virtually all 3.2Ltr turbo diesels (367ft/lbs) although they do offer a 2.2ltr diesel too. Nice ride...

A 3.2L TDI with only 367 lbs/ft of torque?? Why so weak? A turbo diesel of that size should be deep into the 400s for torque.

DaBigBone

Established Member
I like it. Agree with others on the size though. One thing I like about my 09 ranger is how small and easy to drive it is.

Dusten

Established Member
I like it. Agree with others on the size though. One thing I like about my 09 ranger is how small and easy to drive it is.

a new f150 is as easy to drive in my opinion and my old ranger. I'd suspect the new rangers feel smaller than they look.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Front grill and hood line need to be taller and flatter.

Users who are viewing this thread