Springs and CC plate install

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
fixing to buy a set of Steeda progressive springs from a buddy and also going to purchase the MM caster camber plates. how hard is the install? don't feel like paying the $200-250 necessary for the install, but before i attempt it, i was wondering if it is that hard. thanks for the input.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
The caster/camber plates are easy should only take like a hour conservatively. The springs on the other hand can be deadly and take a while if you don't know what you are doing. You need to get an inside the spring compressor for the rear. I used the outside ones and it was a real PIA because you have very limited access to the springs and if you are not mechanical I wouldn't recommend it. I am surprised I didn't end up hurting myself. The fronts are a lot easier, but still can be dangerous you really need to get the right equipment. I have my old front LCA in the garage and will need to check if you can use a center compressor with them. The new ones will probably be shorter so installing them is usually easy. Remember you’re going to need a full alignment which will cost around 100-150 depending on where you go after you install it all so if you are thinking of any other suspension components I would do those at the same time.

Last edited:

Brad

Banned
I know have very little experience and I did mine in about 10 hours with a few friends. I could do it much faster now. Its good experience. Just go to auto zone and get the internal spring compressor, have some basic hand tools, and its not big deal. Good luck.:beer:

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
I know have very little experience and I did mine in about 10 hours with a few friends. I could do it much faster now. Its good experience. Just go to auto zone and get the internal spring compressor, have some basic hand tools, and its not big deal. Good luck.:beer:

thanks for the help brad and toofast4u. i might give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread