Springs Advice/Pictures

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Well I bought Eibach springs (Pro Kit) for my Cobra last year thinking that it would lower my car the way I wanted it to. Since I had them on my last Mustang (Roush).

I am trying to figure out what I should do. I don't want my car to be slammed completely. But I think I can get a better drop than what I have now. I have looked into H&R Super Sport Springs and I think Steeda makes some new springs that I seen on here that looked good.

My question is should I look into buying new springs or could I take my ISOs out and do you think that would lower the car a little more and keep me satisfied. Pictures and suggestions would be nice!!!!!

MY CAR - Do you think this looks good or should I buy H&R SS or take ISOs out
HPIM0547_photoshop.gif

HPIM0533copy.gif

HPIM0553copy.gif

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
removing iso's will help a little, would try that first before buying new springs :)

That is what I was thinking. I just want a little more of a drop to close that gap in a little. So I am thinking of just removing the ISOs instead of buying new springs. :thumbsup:

MustangThief

Established Member
Considered H&R race? not as much of a drop as the SS springs from what I hear, but are great springs and ARE a pretty low drop.

The pics i've seen of H&R race look *about* inbetween your current setup, and the roush...

Although you could just take the ISO's out and get to where you want to be...

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
I am thinking I should just take the ISOs and see how that turns out and probably go from there before I want to spend 200+ dollars on springs again (That seems like the logical thing to do.

But I figure if I am going to get under there and take the springs out I might as well buy some new springs that will lower it how I want it.

I may just fork out the cash for a new pair of springs and sell these Eibachs.

Any "HOW TO" on Springs? I got these Eibachs installed by a shop.

Last edited:

ragu1585

Game Over
Established Member
i would removed the isos myself.. i wasnt runnin them for a while and never got noises.. only reason i put them on (only driver side) was cause it was rubbin with the fender.. problem fixed now

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
I think I would rather cut 1/3-1/2 coil than remove isos because sometimes you'll get noise.

That's funny that you say that because I thought about doing that as well or having someone do that for me.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE PICTURES OF THE H&R RACE SPRINGS ON THERE COBRA????

Last edited:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
DOES ANYBODY HAVE PICTURES OF THE H&R RACE SPRINGS ON THERE COBRA????
There are sh!tloads of pics of those springs on cars floating around here... look around. IMO they sit just a bit lower than your car does now but not as low as your other car, as was stated by MustangThief already.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
I'll have to do a crazy search and look around. I am trying to compare because If I like the drop and the way it looks I may just purchase them and get them put on. I am trying to make this car look exactly how I want it. I have a vision I am just trying to execute now.

EDIT: I found some info on the H&R Race Springs and found 1 Picture of someone who has the H&R Race Springs (Knoxville Cobra). If money is well and things are going well then I will purchase the H&R Race Springs. If not then I will try the ISO deal and just do that.

Last edited:

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I had the same problem when i put my pro kit in my coupe back in '04, I put the springs in and it didnt go down as for as i wanted it to so i removed all the isos and it sat perfect.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
^^Thanks alot man!!! That's all I needed to hear and see. I really appreciate it. That sits great! Does anybody know of a writeup on how to do this or would a shop do something like that for me.

That DSG is very nice by the way. Looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread