Spray that prevents belt slip

D-Cobra

Established Member
so i've heard someone say that there's a glue texture like spray out there you can buy that can prevent belt slip on the blower, is that true?

has anyone heard or know anything about that?

damn.. is so, where can i get it?

Thrust

Established Member
You could try putting some VHT on your belt. I belive that its called track bite.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
There is some stuff they sell in the back of magazines that is supposed to help with belt slip, who knows if it works. VHT works but makes a mess.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I was thinking VHT, but it would make a bit of a mess. (sticky)

I really don't think belt dressing would help much, may make it worse since its more about making it quiet than anything.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
wOTc3ODMxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
wOTc3ODMyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I've heard a lot of stories about belt dressing. Against the wisdom of some neg reports I tried it. I tried 2 brands I had laying around for years, prestone and stp. I like the prestone better sprays better, lasts longer. I gained 1 lb on top rpms that's with the gatorback and 2.9 steel smooth groove. I would think with a idler wouldn't matter. It wears off after a while, month or so. Nothing bad I can tell on the belt by taking it off and turning it over looking for cracks. It's definately sticky after 10 15 min of putting it on. My buddy after spectator watching a few races says he can hear the blower louder, he swears it. I never had any dust before really with the gatorback pulley combo. I run the stock cover with the 2 top bolts for stealth look. I've done it over a year now, is it a lucky charm? I would like to believe + 1lb is better than +0. I think in my case it might actually work, in indust. maint. use it's only a quick and dirty fix for a day or so. My theory is the eaton only draws power when you wot which isn't often, not constant like other use. However draw your own conclusions.

Users who are viewing this thread