Spout circuit open

Hissss5

Oni 1
Established Member
Does anyone know where the spout circuit is on a 95 5.0 is? I have my check engine light on and its saying that my spout circuit is open DTC 213 is the code... any ideas

Last edited:

Pushrodsnake

Back in Black
Established Member
I haven't really dug into my car that much, but I'm pretty sure the spout is around the distributor somewhere.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
the spout connector is around the distributor, it has two wires running to it and the connector itself is gray. you take that out to set the base timing on 302s. if its not plugged up your running base timing so your dis. is not advancing.

Hissss5

Oni 1
Established Member
the spout connector is around the distributor, it has two wires running to it and the connector itself is gray. you take that out to set the base timing on 302s. if its not plugged up your running base timing so your dis. is not advancing.

A true mustang guy from vegas said its located here

spount connector is on passenger fender apron by the air cleaner box. relocated from the distributor like the fox body cars.

Last edited:

93sspcoupe

Established Member
on my 93 the spout connector is beside the dis. if its saying the circuit is open that means the connector is not plugged in i think

Toasty

Established Member
A true mustang guy from vegas said its located here

spount connector is on passenger fender apron by the air cleaner box. relocated from the distributor like the fox body cars.

Its on page 5-6 in the Haynes manual. $15 gets you all your answers.

Hissss5

Oni 1
Established Member
ok i put on the spout connector on. when i start the car it idle fine ,but when i give it gas in idle and rev to get the rpms up to 2500 then it stays there for a couple sec. then the rpms drop down to idle speed...now when i test drove it ,i went though first gear i let off the gas and pushed in the clutch like your suppost to do an shift to 2nd and the rpms stayed hi for a couple sec. then the rpms drop down wail my foot is off the gas ...not very safe, its like i never let my foot off the gas when i shift

anyone have any idea why its doing that?

Hockeyman48

Established Member
Did it just start after code showed up? I am not 100 % sure but with engine running ,pull spout off and see if rpm's drop. If it does,timing is being pulled and your spout connections(with wires) are good.Also could be dashpot settings in computer if it is consistent on rpm delay to idle. Just a few thoughts to start with. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread