Sport Bike Riders (Need Help With Stator Cover -Simple Question)-PICS

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
First of all I am very new to the bike world so bear with me and I just bought this bike about a month ago.

I changed out my Stator cover for a new one and I noticed when I took it off that their was some fluid in the stator cover that leaked out (smelled like oil). What is that? and do I need to put that fluid back in when I put the new Stator cover on?

I haven't transfered anything over to the new stator cover yet as you can see. I just got it today.

Thanks

OLD STATOR COVER
HPIM1812s.gif

HPIM1813.gif

NEW STATOR COVER
HPIM1817s.gif

Gix1k4

Established Member
If you still have it off, check the coating/insulation on the three wires that run through the grommet. 3 of my friends have had the insulation deteriorate and fall apart, burning the stator out. Stators aren't cheap and getting stranded sucks. From your pics, it looks like yours should be ok, but it never hurts to look. Nice to see another Gixxer rider.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
If you plan on wrenching on your bike it would be wise and safe to buy a manual or download one from a website catering to your bike.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
If you still have it off, check the coating/insulation on the three wires that run through the grommet. 3 of my friends have had the insulation deteriorate and fall apart, burning the stator out. Stators aren't cheap and getting stranded sucks. From your pics, it looks like yours should be ok, but it never hurts to look. Nice to see another Gixxer rider.

Thanks I will check that out tomorrow when I am putting it back on. :thumbsup: and I am happy to be apart of the Gixxer nation Lol.

If you plan on wrenching on your bike it would be wise and safe to buy a manual or download one from a website catering to your bike.

I know I have a manual around here I might of misplaced it temporarily. I will find it. Thanks for the advice. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread