Spoiler delete ...... Has anyone done this successfully !?

05boostedgt

Established Member
Sorry for the random questions but looking for that dream car look liked the spoiler deleted cars I've seen wondering how people do this I mean I understand most s197 came equipped with stock spoilers if I'm wrong correct me lol

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
i have my spoiler shaved the day i bought the car. it was an option to have the factory delete the spoiler for $250 which was flat ridiculous. body shop did mine for free as i was working for ford at the time.

cdub2010

Established Member
Wouldnt it be easier to get a non spolier decklid froma a salvage yard?

I like the no spoiler look of my GT so much that Im toying with removing the spoiler from my cobra as well.

2002stang

Established Member
I took the pedestal spoiler off and did delete plugs. I was not clean so put on the kR spoiler instead. The suggestion of getting one from salvage yard is best idea. Part will be cheap and just need to pay to get it painted

1hot281

Established Member
Hunt down an owner with a V6, no spoiler same color, and offer straight trade for your lid with a spoiler.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I think the 05-09's look much better without a spoiler as well. When I ordered my 06 GT back in the day, the spoiler delete was the very first option I checked off!

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I did the spoiler delete with body plugs from auto zone. Its ok, from most angles you can't see them. Ultimately I will get a kr spoiler installed

05boostedgt

Established Member
Bought the delete kit and honestly on my satin silver 06 it looks kind of mean to say the least. Kind of compliments the flowmaster polished tips that are out back lol I've gotten a lot of compliments about it already and have only driven the car short distances back and forth to the gas station and home from storage so I think it's a win in my book. Thanks everyone for the info !

Hoofpower

Spoiler Delete

I've used the billet aluminum delete plates from... UPR? The only problem I had is Ford tightened the spoiler down so much from the factory that the rear deck has small dents where the rear of the spoiler mounted.
But glad to hear you got yours! They are sharp. I've got the satin engraved pair, went better with the bullet rims and since my car is "Redfire" and flat black body pieces...they fit better than the chrome ones. I get asked all the time where I got them. Happy motoring!

05boostedgt

Established Member
I've used the billet aluminum delete plates from... UPR? The only problem I had is Ford tightened the spoiler down so much from the factory that the rear deck has small dents where the rear of the spoiler mounted.
But glad to hear you got yours! They are sharp. I've got the satin engraved pair, went better with the bullet rims and since my car is "Redfire" and flat black body pieces...they fit better than the chrome ones. I get asked all the time where I got them. Happy motoring!

yea the satin finished ones went way better with the satin silver paint and accent the blow master tips hanging tut the back plus you're right i also have two dents in the trunk deck because of how tight the spoiler was installed from the factory still looks somewhat decent and unless you're right on the back of the car you would never know. thanks for all the help and comments everyone!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I went to the junk yard and found one without the spoiler and had it painted it came out perfect

Hoofpower

Dents, Yo.

yea the satin finished ones went way better with the satin silver paint and accent the blow master tips hanging tut the back plus you're right i also have two dents in the trunk deck because of how tight the spoiler was installed from the factory still looks somewhat decent and unless you're right on the back of the car you would never know. thanks for all the help and comments everyone!
Find a dent repair guy, and he can get them out. My dad knows a guy that has all these weird tools, like giant needlenose pliers, some of them two and three feet long for reaching into the middle of hoods or doors. He had a real funny shaped one that allowed him to pop the dents out of my trunk, looks brand new now. I'm considering MMD's new ducktail now, so all of that trouble was probably for naught. Lol. But yeah, no problem!

Users who are viewing this thread