Spintech exhaust......hot or not?

Zeyzer

Blue Blooded
Established Member
Is anyone running spintechs on their 50s or in general? I'm looking to swap my flows for their side setup with some skirts on my 95 snake. I'm just not sure if I should cause I don't know if they'll sound as great or hinder performance. I'm also running BBk longtubes and a Mac Pro chamber in case anyone needs to know.

96badvenm

Established Member
spintechs in no way will hinder performance, they are a great muffler. I had a buddy that was running a bassani off road X and the spintech prostreets dumped, it sounded amazing! if i decide to get rid of my magnaflows, ill be getting spintechs... or maybe bassani. I have also heard them on a 5.0 and they sounds bad ass!

gtowncobra

Established Member
yea ive got a buddy that has them on his 5 and it sounds pretty good not as loud as mine lol but its def alot smoother hes got mac LTs and mac prochamber with the spintechs

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
gtowncobra said:
yea ive got a buddy that has them on his 5 and it sounds pretty good not as loud as mine lol but its def alot smoother hes got mac LTs and mac prochamber with the spintechs

His LT'ed, prochamber'ed, spintech'ed 5.0 is not as loud as your o/r H only car? Can't be right cuz spintech's are ****in LOUD especially if you get the pro-streets. They are really raspy and really deep at the same time and rival 1 chamber flows. Match that with Longtubes and your buddy's car should scream like a banshee.

I originally wanted to go dumped spintechs on my exhaust and looked at Dr. Gas's website for them, but ended up buying pro-dumps just because they were already complete. Buying the parts seperately from Dr. Gas would have been around $300 (flowtubes, mufflers, turndowns) + labor so i said its not worth it and go an already complete dump system.

Bottom line: If you're willing to spend the money on it, you will NOT be disappointed with the sound. There's nothing meaner on a 5.0 except maybe open longtubes lol.

Zeyzer

Blue Blooded
Established Member
I think I might just give them a try then. I saw a video on their site with a 50 notch running their side exit kit which is the one I'm interested in and it was kinda compatible to flows. The sound quality wasn't all that great on the vid but they seemed to have a deeper tone. As long as I keep the muscle sound that flows do such a good job at I'll be happy. I'm thinking with my prochamber and LT's in the mix it might get interesting.

98_cobra

N/A SnAkE
Established Member
I just sold my 5.0 to 9COBRA5, it had spintechs on it. I also have a vid of the 5.0with longtubes X pipe and the spintechs if you would like to hear them.

Zeyzer

Blue Blooded
Established Member
98_cobra said:
I just sold my 5.0 to 9COBRA5, it had spintechs on it. I also have a vid of the 5.0with longtubes X pipe and the spintechs if you would like to hear them.

That would be great. I'll PM you.

tex00gt

Established Member
My buddie has a 94' coupe with a 331 stroker, and he has a set of hooker longtubes, dr. gas x-pipe, with the spintech prostreet mufflers with turn downs, and it is by far the baddest sounding mustang i have ever heard, it sets car alarms off a block away, very deep, and screams when w/o throttle.. so go for it..

1QIK-SNK

Established Member
I have the spintech side exhaust system on my 96. Everyone always tells me how good they look and how good it sounds. Im running bassani x with cats so its not loud, but not quite(loud enough to get ya in trouble). It sounds really good. Sounds amazing when your driving by a barrier in the road because it comes right back in the car. I find myself not even turning on the radio because I want to listen to the exhaust. :D

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
I have mac LT's...o/R H...and SPintech Pro Streets on my vert.....um yeah it's frickin loud....but doesnt have the loud drone of a flowmaster at low RPM's....

Users who are viewing this thread