Speedworld last night 8-13-11 COBRA owners!

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Looking for whoever was in the terminators out last night at speedworld, I was in the Mineral Gray 03 that slid all the way down the track haha. Looking for the guy in the black cobra I met in the staging lanes, I forgot what your user name was

Joeazhp

Established Member
Looking for whoever was in the terminators out last night at speedworld, I was in the Mineral Gray 03 that slid all the way down the track haha. Looking for the guy in the black cobra I met in the staging lanes, I forgot what your user name was

whats up man! i was just about to post up about this. man track prep was horrible lol.

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Haha hey man! Wasnt sure if you were gonna post up so I beat you to it lol. Yeah the track prep was terrible because there wasnt any! Im thinkin about going out in a few weeks maybe, but WITH at least drag radials...and on a prepped track night of course. What was your best run?

krazyazian

Established Member
Do either of you guys know anything about a whippled redfire Cobra out at that race? I saw a video with it racing a red C6 Vette. Just wondering what mods it had besides the whipple?

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Do either of you guys know anything about a whippled redfire Cobra out at that race? I saw a video with it racing a red C6 Vette. Just wondering what mods it had besides the whipple?

Didnt know there was a whipple'd redfire out there, but if its the car I think it is, its a BAD car, friend owned a whipple'd redfire a year or two ago before he sold it, name was Mr. Whipple. I believe its a solid axel car with all bolt ons including that 2.3 whipple.

EDIT- http://www.stage3motorsports.com/category/975silverstang.2003_svt_cobra___mr_whipple/

^Is that the car there?

Last edited:

Joeazhp

Established Member

the only redfire cobra out there was a upper pullied off road x

Haha hey man! Wasnt sure if you were gonna post up so I beat you to it lol. Yeah the track prep was terrible because there wasnt any! Im thinkin about going out in a few weeks maybe, but WITH at least drag radials...and on a prepped track night of course. What was your best run?

best run was 13.4 @ 119mph that run i could put my foot in it at the top of second. lol a joke of a time i know considering my 6spd vette i could get it in the bottom 11's w/ ease, next time i'll be out on drag radials to see where the car really sits before i go nutso on the mods.

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Damn man, a 119 trap is still moving considering the track conditions, how the hell did you manage that?! I was hoping for a 114ish trap with traction but that didnt happen. I spun 1st, 2nd, and middle of 3rd I finally hooked. I want to go out in maybe a few weeks with a prepped track and with DR's and see what I can run before I go ported blower

Joeazhp

Established Member
Damn man, a 119 trap is still moving considering the track conditions, how the hell did you manage that?! I was hoping for a 114ish trap with traction but that didnt happen. I spun 1st, 2nd, and middle of 3rd I finally hooked. I want to go out in maybe a few weeks with a prepped track and with DR's and see what I can run before I go ported blower

The car makes enough power for that trap it put down 460 rwhp 482 rwtq and that was b4 the accufab monoblade tb and blower inlet. I hope to get out in two weeks w/ the dr's on

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
The car makes enough power for that trap it put down 460 rwhp 482 rwtq and that was b4 the accufab monoblade tb and blower inlet. I hope to get out in two weeks w/ the dr's on

Nice Im just surprised you trapped that well during that night with the shitty track. Im not sure how much I put down, I would guess around 400, sincei m not pullied or anything yet. But when you decide to go out let me know and I'll head out there with ya :banana:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
OP, have you ran at Firebird before? I've seen a mineral gray 03 there lots of times looks stock, and judging by your sig you are stock? Looks like no love for the NA Cobras in here :( lol.

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
OP, have you ran at Firebird before? I've seen a mineral gray 03 there lots of times looks stock, and judging by your sig you are stock? Looks like no love for the NA Cobras in here :( lol.

No I havent ran there with the Cobra, Ive taken my old GT out there like once but thats it. Its super far from me so I rarely go out there. I am stock, well, exhaust and JLT intake but I consider that stock lol. I love NA cobras there just werent any out there that night! :beer:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
No I havent ran there with the Cobra, Ive taken my old GT out there like once but thats it. Its super far from me so I rarely go out there. I am stock, well, exhaust and JLT intake but I consider that stock lol. I love NA cobras there just werent any out there that night! :beer:

Hahaha well that's pretty near stock but when it comes to us NA guys people consider that far from stock haha. Ohh I see, yah I don't see very many NA Cobras around. I see more terminators than NA cobras. I want to make it out there sometime soon.

By the way how's that JLT intake?

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
Hahaha well that's pretty near stock but when it comes to us NA guys people consider that far from stock haha. Ohh I see, yah I don't see very many NA Cobras around. I see more terminators than NA cobras. I want to make it out there sometime soon.

By the way how's that JLT intake?

Haha yeah you are right, those are the mods I had on my 2v GT before this, but I realized bolt ons for those care are USELESS withoutt Forced induction. (I.E. I ran a FULL bolt on Gt with a tune and he pulled me by like literally a 1/4 car up to about 120, otherwise it was pretty much dead even) I actually ran into some guy in a black sn95 cobra tonight at the gas station, he just stared my car down as I left that was about it. It was a long road for me but everyone is bound to get there =)

The JLT is alright, its a Ram Air so its sucking up all that beautiful engine bay air, I am gonna sell it and buy a JLT Big Boost Cold Air I think I will get better results from it

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Haha yeah you are right, those are the mods I had on my 2v GT before this, but I realized bolt ons for those care are USELESS withoutt Forced induction. (I.E. I ran a FULL bolt on Gt with a tune and he pulled me by like literally a 1/4 car up to about 120, otherwise it was pretty much dead even) I actually ran into some guy in a black sn95 cobra tonight at the gas station, he just stared my car down as I left that was about it. It was a long road for me but everyone is bound to get there =)

The JLT is alright, its a Ram Air so its sucking up all that beautiful engine bay air, I am gonna sell it and buy a JLT Big Boost Cold Air I think I will get better results from it

Yah they are useless unless you are FI. I mean you may get some rwhp but not enough to even feel it, till you get all the boltons on and a tune; than you actually feel the increase in power. Oh wow full bolt ons and a tune and you still kept in a stock GT, nice. Driver mod as well than haha.

Did that black sn95 Cobra has a big cobra snake decal on his rear glass? And chrome bullitts? Because I've seen one black cobra around as well. I've seen a few white ones like mine around.

Oh man you got the HAI; the hot air intake lol. Just wondering because I might get the JLT cai. Yah you should end up making more power with that intake; will be noticeable with a tune as well.

Users who are viewing this thread