SpeedRacer

crj814x4

Driving GOD
Established Member
Ok well first off on Sunday I went to go see SpeedRacer with the family. I came in there with a piss attitude because I felt it was going to suck. I was wrong. First yes it is cartoonish but that how the anime was. Story line was good there was some boring parts but the races was pretty cool. My wife and my son liked it alot. The movie made me feel like a kid again and that is a great feeling to me ;-) . Anybody else see the movie.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
My movie money's already reserved for the following:
  • Iron Man (saw it already :rockon:)
  • The Incredible Hulk
  • The Dark Knight
  • Hancock
  • Indiana Jones
  • Hellboy II: The Golden Army
  • The Mummy 3: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (maybe)
But I'll definitely check it out on DVD, when it comes out. There's just too many good movies this summer.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Indiana jones ftw, the speedracer looks to weird for my tastes, fast cars or not

it was kind of wierd. reminded me of the new version of charlie and the chocolate factory.

the theater was quite empty for opening day (early evening). i took my girl and the kids (ages 5, 6 and 7). they all LOVED it! there were some parts in there that were just hilarious for little kids and insane driving too. pretty boring for any adult looking for an actual car movie though. its purely a children's movie.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
What Happens In Vegas kicked it's ass??? :shrug: SR doesn't stand a chance with some real heavy hitters coming up to bat. Surprised that it didn't do better with kids.

Iron Man rocked it's world.

It was already thought that the Wachowski Brothers' Speed Racer starring Emile Hirsch and Matthew Fox, would have to settle for second place this weekend, but who knew that it would do so poorly that it barely held its ground with a mere $200 thousand lead over the Ashton Kutcher/Cameron Diaz comedy vehicle What Happens in Vegas (20th Century Fox)? It may be too close a race to call, but Warner Bros. has claimed second place with an estimated $20.2 million in 3,606, a disappointing opening compared to the movie's rumored $120 million production budget.

Last edited:

canibus

Established Member
they should have released it a few weeks before iron man. it would have been their only shot.

did they do the choppy voices like the cartoon?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
they should have released it a few weeks before iron man. it would have been their only shot.

did they do the choppy voices like the cartoon?

no they didnt. just look at the cast. john goodman, susan sarandon, emil hirsch and christina ricci.

agreed, they should have released it before iron man. i think they were actually thinking that it could compete against it. :bash:

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i won't see it. however, i will see indiana jones opening day. btw, this movie is failing in the box office because iron man is so awesome.

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
Speed Racer did not look like a good car movie from the trailers.... Indiana Jones on the other hand I can't wait for...

CAMELEON

Established Member
I went in there expecting crap and was pleasantly surprised. It will never be award winning, but it was good entertainment. Iron Man and Robert Downey JR. RULED.

Users who are viewing this thread