Speedometer Stopped Working

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
Hi,

I'd like to ask a question regarding my speedometer to you guys since the Corral is full of misinformation and you all seem to be very informative. I hope you don't mind since my fox is just a GT and not a Cobra.

I have a 140mph cluster in my 88 GT, similar to the Cobra cluster you all have. I recently changed my speedometer cable and everything was working as it should for a couple of days but this morning my speedometer would barely move and when it did move it would hang. Do you guys have any idea why this would be happening? I was thinking the speed censor that connects to the transmission could be faulty but before I buy a new one, I wanted to ask the experts of SVTP what they thought.

Thanks in advance,
-A

PS-I attached a picture just for S&Gs.
684f5c36f4a01ebd32d6c10942a2fc7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Is the cable completely connected in back to the speedometer ?

I remember years ago helping a buddy change his and it "clicked" or "snapped" into place to the speedometer, and the noise was audible when it made contact.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
Yes, the speedo is fully connected to the rear of the speedometer. The cable only acts up when it's cold, as soon as the grease warms up(I'm guessing)it works fine, well it still shimmies from 0-30.

Does anyone know why the speedo shimmies from 0-30?

Thanks,
-A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread