Speedo Gears-New

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
you wouldnt happen to know which one would be good for my car?

i believe it was converted to a 5 speed before i bought it so it would have the auto gears in the rear, its a 5 speed now

thanks

vincendebbie

Stangs 4Life
Established Member
Try this one, I have AOD with 373's and 215/60/16 tires. According to the good ole' gear calculator the black 23 tooth would have the speedo dead on. But, low and behold, it's still reading 7 to 8 mph slower than actual speed. Any ideas?

DOHC GT

Established Member
Try this one, I have AOD with 373's and 215/60/16 tires. According to the good ole' gear calculator the black 23 tooth would have the speedo dead on. But, low and behold, it's still reading 7 to 8 mph slower than actual speed. Any ideas?

That is strange. I would have gone with the 23-tooth as well. I am not aware of any 24-tooth speedo gears. :)

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Interested if you can tell me what I need, I am going to be putting 3.73 gears in a 93 LX with a 5 speed. Two different charts I have looked at dont have that gear for my year listed so I am at a loss what to use.

DOHC GT

Established Member
Interested if you can tell me what I need, I am going to be putting 3.73 gears in a 93 LX with a 5 speed. Two different charts I have looked at dont have that gear for my year listed so I am at a loss what to use.

I would go with a 23-tooth gear, which I don't have. :(

Stock Motor

Established Member
Do you know which speedo gear I need?

I have an 82 Capri with a 85GT T5 and a 3.73 rear end. If you sell the driven gear for the transmission tailhousing, i'd like to buy that one from you too.

I also have an 86LX with a G-Force T5 and a 3.73 rearend that I'd like to get both the gear and the driven gear.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread