SpecII / No More Pncluchie

stang99

I guess PModdy is driving around the block breaking in his Spec. Hope that he has better luck than me because mine is still weird at about 3000 miles of break in.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
U freaking Whore !!! :cuss:

P. Sorry but i believe i lucked out. On start up there is a little squeel & no chatter. Leaving on the 1st - 3rd gear the squeel is still present.

After i get to the end of the block & come to a stop....no more squeel present. Stopped off at Orchid, Chevron & Pet Boys & all three times a slight squeel off 1st & some times 2nd gear.

Think Bingo13 / Gary on the Terminator side is correct. His squeel went away & mine seems to be doing the same. Pulled into the garage & unlike last night the squeel stopped today. :shrug:

Well i explained the chatter issue on the terminator side.

stang99

My clutch chatters worse in the morning when the car is cold than at any other time. It seems to like to bet a little heat in the system to help with the chatter. Try reverse gear with little to no throttle and let me know how that feels as that is where the chatter is most evident. Also, put it in 1st without touching the throttle and let the clutch out slowly to drive off. That would be another place that you could feel chatter. If you pass those tests you are a lucky dog indeed. Of course, there is still the ice chest waiting for you at C-Bad.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:dw: Well my clutch is up high before it engages....Now im thinking it was ur idea for that. Its so high that im actually slipping the clutch in every gear. :bash:

No chatter noticed when backing up since i have to do it safely & slowly. Have to try the 1st gear idea. I'll be back!

stang99

Where your clutch engages is very adjustable since you have a quadrant with three hooks and a firewall adjuster. Didn't your shop adjust the clutch for you? Most racers want it to disengage as high as possible as long as there is no slip so they can fan the clutch while banging full throttle shifts. I don't do those things but I still like the engagement as high as possible since it makes less effort to shift the car and I am lazy.

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:dw: Well my clutch is up high before it engages....Now im thinking it was ur idea for that. Its so high that im actually slipping the clutch in every gear. :bash:

No chatter noticed when backing up since i have to do it safely & slowly. Have to try the 1st gear idea. I'll be back!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Where your clutch engages is very adjustable since you have a quadrant with three hooks and a firewall adjuster. Didn't your shop adjust the clutch for you? Most racers want it to disengage as high as possible as long as there is no slip so they can fan the clutch while banging full throttle shifts. I don't do those things but I still like the engagement as high as possible since it makes less effort to shift the car and I am lazy.

Well it just feels strange :shrug: 15000miles with it engaging way low & now its way high. Damn.

P. i tried what u said but u know what? I remember my stock clutch chatter the same way but the noise not being so loud. Tried to get off of 1st gear with the clutch alone. It can be done but with all the chatter.

Same thing for me from the stock one :shrug:

Damn how long did it take me to just swap out the freaking tires.
Freaking tierd....need a nap..................... :sleeping:

stang99

Yes, take a nap so I can return to being the last person to post on all of the Calif regional threads. I even posted on the NorCal thread and threw down a challange.

stang99

Hey, I was offering to meet the NorCal guys at a drag strip half way between LA and SF. Question is, where would that be? We'd be racing in some Sorgum field by Hwy 5. As far as I know Visalia doesn't have an international 1/4 mile strip that we could go to.

jonas

Established Member
we all know the norcal guys are wimps and are afraid of us meeting up at a common track. BTW zaino and a shortend antennae arent "mods"

so after saying that, who is down for an unoffical meeting at sac on a test and tune night?

stang99

Walker is going to arrange for us to load our cars on a transport and then they will be delivered to a drag strip for us. We can all fly in at our leisure and finally run somewhere where the 11's flow like water.

stang99

Maybe one last response. Me and Walker might have been drinking Margaritas when this idea was hatched, but, they do motorcycle tours of Europe so why not have a Cobra tour of the fastest drag strips in the country all arranged by the tour company. You could keep your Cobra on the transport(s) or you could drive it. One assums that there would be parts and a competent mechanic along as well as a hospitality bus or two. Old English Town is supposed to be fast. How much are you willing to pay for those ET's on paper?

Users who are viewing this thread