Specialty tool wishlist

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Just ordered myself a Snap-on/CDI Dial indicated Torque wrench to setup rear ends. I always end up borrowing one and continually swear it's time to buy one before the next gear setup side job.

I've recently picked up a 1/2 electric impact also.

Between those two, I can actually work without busting ass and swearing all the time.

Anyone else have a "I'm gonna buy one of those" one day tool list? Next on my lists:

1. Rotunda pinion depth tool
2. Mig Welder
3. Sand blaster
4. Drill Press

96dreamer

Established Member
Plasma is my next big tool purchase. Borrowing a friends now and it is handy.
Small lathe and vertical mill would also be on my dream list.

08mojo

Established Member
A drill press is on my must have/ can actually justify and afford list.

If I am dreaming, I'd like a tire mounting machine. I absolutely hate taking wheels somewhere to have tires mounted--the kid getting paid $10/hr doesn't give a crap what scratches he puts on the wheels no matter what shop I visit.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
A drill press is on my must have/ can actually justify and afford list.

If I am dreaming, I'd like a tire mounting machine. I absolutely hate taking wheels somewhere to have tires mounted--the kid getting paid $10/hr doesn't give a crap what scratches he puts on the wheels no matter what shop I visit.

Find a master tech and become real good friends with him. That's how I managed to do my RK's on a 20k dollar tire machine. Touchless and what not.

Zemedici

Established Member
Find a master tech and become real good friends with him. That's how I managed to do my RK's on a 20k dollar tire machine. Touchless and what not.

fwiw I've seen quite a few of those machines **** some shit up as well.

Nothing works as well as experience, imo. I only have high end wheels mounted at one place, and never had an issue. Bossman there knows if an issue arises, he'll take care of it.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Biggest advice for the DIYer: only buy 6 point sockets unless you NEED a 12 point socket. Pro-tip: rarely will you need a 12 pt socket.

On my list: A new 1/2" click type torque wrench, a beam style in-lb torque wrench. Need the OTC 4v Modular tool set for cams etc.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I want a garage big enough to make a lift useful...I go back and forth about drive-on vs 2 post. The 2 post would be more useful but I really really really don't wanna be the asshole with a vehicle standing on its bumper in the garage

VegasMichael

Established Member
Always wanted one of those Swiss Army knives with a gazillion tools on it.

sa25393sex1000.jpg

CV355

_
Established Member
Milwaukee 12v 3/8 Ratchet
Digital torque wrench
Miniature DA polisher to compliment the 3401

coposrv

Established Member
A refreshed fully-functioning Bridgeport.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Biggest advice for the DIYer: only buy 6 point sockets unless you NEED a 12 point socket. Pro-tip: rarely will you need a 12 pt socket.

On my list: A new 1/2" click type torque wrench, a beam style in-lb torque wrench. Need the OTC 4v Modular tool set for cams etc.

Agreed, I try never to use a 12 point on a non 12 point fasteners. Driveshaft is about the only stock 12 point. Now once you start switching to ARP engine hardware... but hopefully those dont get worked on much lol.

mcaligiuri

Established Member
Eastwood has a $1000 tire machine. It’s on my list of tools to get. Wonder how good it is. The combo with balancer is $2000. If I do a couple side jobs it could pay for itself. That’s what I keep telling the wife

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
I've got 10 Porter Cable 20v products... Love em all
Wanting that 1/2 drive that has 330ftlbs

I sold all my compressor stuff a couple years ago cause well, 20v is da bomb

Do I need it? No. I've got breaker bars for days and 3 separate great tq wrenches

But I want it!

Sent from that shiny thing in my hands

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
A little Asian girl to use her tiny hands to get into places my mitts won't fit into. Honest, that's all I would use that tool for. Wife ain't buying that explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread