Special Order 2021 Super Heavy Duty

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ram 3500 Mega Cab Dually 4x4.

Haha... sorry to dissapoint boys (not a Ford!). It was time to upgrade my tower and I placed an order for this beauty March 31 from a dealer called Bud Clary in Auburn, WA. My reason for doing this was 2 fold:

1. Next to 0 inventory in SoCal which made it hard to find what i wanted
2. This particular dealer was willing to go 6% under invoice plus any incentives on special order vehicles which ended up being about $11,500 off MSRP in this particular case. Truck sticker was $81k.

Anyway... Im IN LOVE with this truck! We drove it 1200 miles from Auburn WA back down to SoCal.. about 1200 miles and my family of 6 was in utter comfort the whole way.

Ram interiors these days are second to none and with the air suspension, the ride was not bad. I was surprised, actually.

Couple specs on the truck:

--High Output Cummins/Aisin trans--430hp/1075 lb ft torque
--4.10 gears/12.5" rear end (BEEF!)
--Automatic load leveling air suspension
--heated/cooled seats and 12" display--9 speaker Alpine audio with subwoofer
--On board WiFi
--Night edition package
--factory spray in liner and 5th wheel prep package

I plan to add some Amp power steps, some (classy) mud flaps and a hard toneau cover.. thats about it!

Couple pics!!

IMG-1030.jpg

IMG-1042.jpg

IMG-1077.jpg

IMG-1078.jpg

IMG-1080.jpg

IMG-1085.jpg

IMG-1087.jpg

IMG-1090.jpg

IMG-1091.jpg

Last edited:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Man that's a serious truck, I love it. What kind of mpg's did you average on the way back? I know it'll get better once it breaks in. Also how do you like the power?

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Congrats. Wish they would offer 8 foot bed with the mega cab. The current bed is not 6”6 inches and looks little odd for being a dully. None the less beautiful truck you got mate.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks fellas!! Im loving the big bitch.

Man that's a serious truck, I love it. What kind of mpg's did you average on the way back? I know it'll get better once it breaks in. Also how do you like the power?

Thanks! It did between 15.8 and 16.2 hand calced most of the way home. This is cruising around 77-80 mph which, with the 4.10's, is not desirable lol.

Im sure it would do better if I slowed down.

The power... the power is ABSURD! It really is hard to put into words without driving one. The motor moves this 8500 lb rig around like it's a Miata.

Congrats. Wish they would offer 8 foot bed with the mega cab. The current bed is not 6”6 inches and looks little odd for being a dully. None the less beautiful truck you got mate.

True, the current bed is 6'4" which I believe is the same bed length as other HD short bed Ram trucks.

I like it a lot... it has it's own look and these trucks are rare.

But youre right.. looks are subjective and it's definitely a love or not love look lol.

thanks!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Really nice looking truck! Congrats! You were in my neck of the woods as I used to work in Auburn right down the street from Bud Clary and I have worked with them and order parts from them plenty of times in the past. That part of Auburn isn't known for being particularly nice and they aren't known for being a particularly great dealer to buy from, but it sounds like you had a great experience so count yourself lucky there!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Truck looks great, i like the color combo.

Very well optioned truck. Gotta love that tq monster.

beau t

Established Member
Something about the dark gray they use - i had 4 (at one point) down to 3 now that color, 2 2500's and 2 jeeps . I think the mega cab dually looks awesome! Also if you would after dragging your toy hauler (i think you have) do a short write up of what you think of the trans in that monster. I wish they would do that setup in a 2500 or 3500 single.

awful knawful

Established Member
My contractor bud just got two.

One like yours in black and a 5500 crew with aluminum dump.

Nice truck. Well north of $100k in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread