Special Order 2021 Super Heavy Duty

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Congratulations. Very nice truck!! Love the color. Can never go wrong with a dually. Got all the truck you'll ever need

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

beau t

Established Member
Ok Dom,
i was reading about the new Transmission that ram is using ,a 10 speed, it appears that it comes in the cummins trucks so while i asked for a review on the Aisin trans could you also give me some insight why you didn't go with the 10 speed. This is not meant as a trick question I'm sure you did your homework before hand, i just can't seem to find and good info as to why they are swapping to it, thanks for any insight since I'm struggling to find good info lol.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok Dom,
i was reading about the new Transmission that ram is using ,a 10 speed, it appears that it comes in the cummins trucks so while i asked for a review on the Aisin trans could you also give me some insight why you didn't go with the 10 speed. This is not meant as a trick question I'm sure you did your homework before hand, i just can't seem to find and good info as to why they are swapping to it, thanks for any insight since I'm struggling to find good info lol.

No 10 speed just yet for Ram and the HD cummins trucks. The rumor was the 2022 HD's would come with a 10 speed unit (rumor was Allison) but that never materialized.

Now the latest rumor is an 8 or 9 speed provided by ZF for the 2023 model year along with, perhaps, a switch to the gen 5 1500 cab. Now that would be sweet and negate the need for a Mega cab option.

All that said, with about 1500 miles on the truck now, i could not be more happy with the Aisin. It is a stout unit with a near 0 failure rate in the 19+ trucks. It is truly a medium duty truck transmission that is made in Japan. The truck drives very nice with this trans and even at low speeds, drivability is good. If you plan your foot to the floor, the trans shifts firmly and authoritatively. There really is nothing to write negatively about. The more i drive it, the more it seems to learn my habbits and the shift strategy gets better and better as it pertains to where i feel like it should shift vs. my throttle position at the moment.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Couple more mods fellas... OEM-looking mud flaps provided by Weather Tech and also this ultra cool ceramic cerakoted black 6061 billet 2.5 8 inch-drop weigh-safe hitch.

IMG-1126.jpg

IMG-1128.jpg

IMG-1131.jpg

IMG-1157.jpg

IMG-1170.jpg

IMG-1171.jpg

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Congrats on the new addition! Whoever made the Sirius antenna taller than the roof clearance lights deserve a raise for sure.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Tihose flaps look great.
Use existing inner fender/liner holes, or did you have to drill new?

Yes sir, correct. No drill. The fronts are simply remove existing inner fender bolts, add mud flap, reinstall bolts.

The rears, you do the same as the fronts but ALSO remove a push rivet and replace it with a nut/bolt.

All in all.. super easy install and they arent too gaudy looking.

Kinda cool you caught the reflection of the "older brother". Has to be two ends of the extreme for driving experience?

I hadnt noticed that, good catch!

Two completely different driving experiences lol. The '99 is a manual trans 24v with bigger injectors, bigger turbo, and 4" exhaust. It's a sweet truck and my 13 y/o son wants it for his first car. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, dont know about that one but we'll see haha.

Damn. I just got done drooling over the truck and now I’m drooling over the hitch!

Thank you much. That hitch is a nice piece indeed. Pricey, but high quality and made in USA. Damn light too considering how strong it is.

Users who are viewing this thread