Spec twin disc install

Fr500handbuilt

Established Member
Done a lot oftransmissions never seen this.

Tightened up the diaphragm to flywheel to 22 foot pounds. The clutch fingers suck into the 2nd disc and the throw out bearing doesn't touch. Pulled everything back apart. Loosened the diaphragm up and the fingers pull back out. Grab a different torque wrench to see if I over tightened the diaphragm... Nope does the same thing. I am baffled. Never seen this before.

Any help?

Trying to upload pics now

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The fingers will move towards the clutch as you tighten it. It's the spring pressing against the discs. After everything is installed you have to tighten the cable. Are you running a stock or aftermarket quadrant?

Fr500handbuilt

Established Member
The fingers will move towards the clutch as you tighten it. It's the spring pressing against the discs. After everything is installed you have to tighten the cable. Are you running a stock or aftermarket quadrant?

Figured it out. My buddy who has never taken a twin disc apart cleaned it when he opened it up. I never checked. The friction plate was one notch the wrong way. Pulled it all back apart. Saw it. Was like Oops tossed it back in correctly and all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread