Spec Stage 3+ Flywheel and clutch install questions...

WydOpen

Established Member
The previous owner actually purchased the Spec Stage 3+ steel flywheel and clutch from Lethal Performance and provided the kit to me when I purchased the car. I confirmed through the Spec website that both are the correct part numbers for my car (SF84S steel flywheel and SF873FT clutch disc and pressure plate).

A few questions about the install...

1. I didn't see markings on the flywheel or pressure plate, so I'm assuming they aren't a matched set...any recommendation when installing them as far as orientation?

2. There are 8 bolts to mount the flywheel to the back of the motor. There are also two "alignment holes" on both the back of the motor and on the flywheel. I placed the flywheel on the motor and kept rotating until all 8 holes lined up. When all lined up, however, the two alignment holes on the flywheel did not line up with the holes on the motor...will this be an issue? I tried to get all 8 mounting holes to line up while also getting the two alignment holes to line up, but it was impossible.

3. I noticed the stock flywheel had three dowel pins that assisted in aligning/installing the pessure plate. The new Spec flywheel did not have them...am I suppose to remove the pins from the stock flywheel and install them on the new Spec unit? I hope so, that is what I had to do.

I think that is all I have for now as far as questions. Oh, and Jared, I spoke with you on the phone yesterday regarding the routing of the new -8an fuel line...THANK YOU FOR THE HELP! I was able to successfully route the new line and zip tied it to the existing hard line. It was tight trying to get the new Aeromotive fuel filter installed in the stock fuel filter location, so I installed it basically under the passenger side floorboard...where is everyone else installing it? I saw the small hole where the stock fuel line came up by the passenger side firewall...was a breeze to route it up. My biggest hurdle now is removing the supercharger to install the Fore rails.

Oh, I do need one more plug for the forward end of the rail since I'm using a "y" block in the rear. Let me know how much for the exta plug.

Pictures so far of the progress of all the parts I've ordered from you guys, or have been provided to me by the previous owner (and purchased through Lethal)...

WydOpen Install Photos

Also, thanks for all the goodies with my last order (calendar, pen, bottle opener, windshield banner, and more).

WydOpen

Established Member
Ended up calling Spec's tech line and got the answers I was looking for. Also spoke with Christie? about the missing plug...I guess it will arrive Saturday.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Ended up calling Spec's tech line and got the answers I was looking for. Also spoke with Christie? about the missing plug...I guess it will arrive Saturday.

Sorry for the late response. I didn't even see this post until now. Hopefully Spec was able to help you with the clutch setup. As far as the missing plug if Christy went over the shipping times with you and said Saturday was the day then it's a pretty good bet that you'll see it Saturday. Once again I'm sorry for the late response. If you ever need anything fast and don't get a response here right away please call us direct for the fastest service.

Thanks, Jared

WydOpen

Established Member
Hey Jared, no worries...did just what you said and called you guys and got everything straightened out. Plug did show up Saturday and I should have my car up and running soon.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread