Spec 2 or 3 clutch?

jordanvraptor

Established Member
I'm thinking of finally doing some mods. Starting with Magnaflow catback and the KN FIPK air filter kit. Probably will also do bushings and subframe connectors and possibly the AR wheel hop shock kit. In any case, if I decide to go for a pulley later on down the line should I get a Spec 2 or 3 clutch now? I figure I will buy one now and just keep it around for when my clutch does go out. I presume that Ford will not do clutches under warranty. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bingo13

Established Member
You will not have any issues getting the clutch replaced with minor mods. Once you pulley/chip the car then there can be issues. ;-) I am running the Spec2 disc and Spec3 pressure plate. I understand from SPEC now that the new stage2 kit has the stage3 pressure plate design.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Ive heard that when you start getting a more stout clutch, if you have significant more power than stock and you add sticky tires that something is gonna give, specifically half shafts and/or input shaft.

finally

Established Member
I have heard the Spec 2 or 3 clutches are great. Shadowgray is right however, more power means the chance of more things breaking. But if you are spending money on mods, then you will just have to accept the fact that you might be spending more money on repairs (upgrades) also.

03blackCOBRA

Civil PE
Established Member
I have a Spec stage 2. It has a much lighter pedal than stock. The only down side is it's kinda grabby and easy to kill. If your ever in stop and go traffic with a Spec 3:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread