Speaking of tires, OT tire pressures on Terminator

Tobias

Established Member
Hi Guys,
I did a search and got a lot of useless drag & street tire info..........
I am relatively new here and to the open track addiction. I have a new set of Falken rt615s for the track and wanted to know what tire pressures you guys are running with a terminator or simular mustang All the guys in my club are running much lighter cars. Vintage imports, Porches and the like. I'm running this weekend, 6-2 & 3.
Stock suspension, k member brace, cc plates, flsfc, & poly irs & diff bushings if that matters.
Thanks!

spdfrkFL

Track Addict
Established Member
I like to have the tire pressure between 39-41 (HOT). That's with "R" compound tires. Cold pressures will vary depending on the track, how hard you drive, etc...
Most of the time I start at 33 in the front and 31 in the rear. That is with air in the tires. Nitrogen will expand or heat up less.

sonic cobra

Established Member
I'm still new at this and on street tires, but I start with 38# frt and 32# rear when cold. This seems to work for me. The one time about two years ago I changed tire pressure based on my instructors advice, I had my first and only off track excursion. Went right back to 38 and 32 and haven't been off since

sleepless

Established Member
spdfrkFL said:
I like to have the tire pressure between 39-41 (HOT). That's with "R" compound tires. Cold pressures will vary depending on the track, how hard you drive, etc...
Most of the time I start at 33 in the front and 31 in the rear. That is with air in the tires. Nitrogen will expand or heat up less.

On RA1s and NT01s, I run the same pressures (275x17 tires).

Tobias

Established Member
I ran today and had 34psi front & 32 psi rear, cold. It seemed to work well with the rt-615. I was very happy with how the tires performed. I would like to try less air in the rear, but looking at the arrows on the edge of the tread, I am rolling right up to them.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I run the exact same tires and start at 35lbs front and 33lbs rear. At the end of a 15 minute session they are about 41lbs front and 39lbs rear.

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Cold pressure will vary a bit depending on the tire but my vert seems to like about 40-42 front and around 37-38 rear when hot.

Users who are viewing this thread