Speaker Help and Suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mustang196718

Snake#796,The Rice Killer
Established Member
Hey guys, I'm thinking about putting some aftermarket speakers in my 03 cobra, particularly a set of Polk Audios. I need to know which speaker will fit where and if there will need to be any kind of weird issues that I need to know about. If someone could check out each of these and tell me whether they will fit, and if so, where.
Polk DB570
Polk DB690
Thanks a ton,
Mike

nu snake

Established Member
Speaker Selection

I used the Polk MOMO speakers, MMC 6500 (component 6.5" round) and the MMC 650 (non component version for rear). No installation problems of great note, but that's because I had Tweeter do it. I also did an Alpine 9851 (at least I think that's the number), a JBL amp, and a Rockford Sub Amp (with Polk 10" sub). Sounds so much better than the Mach, especially when you crank it up. Mounted the amps on the back of the rear seat to keep out of the way. Works nice, especially with XM.

I think you'll like to Polks, just need to rip out the Mach system completely though, can't just do part of the job (I looked at that, but too much problem with the interface of Mach and anything aftermarket).

Matt M PA

Established Member
nu snake's got it right. When I had my '02 GT, I tried to just swap out the speakers. I had good experience in the past with this kind of an upgrade.

Anyhow...I don't remember where I heard it, but the Ford factory system uses some odd impedence that aftermarket speakers do not. After installing the aftermarket speakers, I foun d it did not help the sound at all.

The best bang for the buck I have seen is my friend's install of a sub with thr existing Mach system. Search on Rocketman461.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I have Focal Utopias (7" mid) in my front door and it fits no problemo. Thinking of selling them if your interested in a true audiophile set of seperates.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
coolcobramatt said:
I have Focal Utopias (7" mid) in my front door and it fits no problemo. Thinking of selling them if your interested in a true audiophile set of seperates.

Why are you selling them and how much do you want? PM me if you don't want to mention a price here.

I am currently running a Sony head unit, Bazooka tube sub, Kenwood amp, and stock speakers and rear amps. You CAN mix parts with the Mach 460 but it's a pain in the you know what. Best solution is to rip out the 460 and start over with quality components.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread