Sparking Battery???

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I was about to head out to Brothers Performance yesterday for the big sale and to get a new dyno of the Cobra, well it didnt happen :cuss: .
I was in the garage and tried to start the car but heard a ticking (not clicking like a low battery)and then the electronics quit. I opened the hood and tapped the battery the car started fine and I was happy
:) . then I turned it off and tried again, it stumbled but it sarted. good enough I thought, but just as I started it again the wife walked into the garage and asked why my battery is smoking and sparking WTF? She started it so I could watch; well the + side of the battery did smoke and sparked about 2 inches high. And I heard some more ticking around the back right of the engine comaprtment (starter maybe?). Anyone have this happen? I am strapped right now so I am not taking it to a shop. Just thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has expeienced this. BTW I still went to BBK and got some BBK (gripps) subframes for my car at 75 bucks :thumbsup: I saw a Black notch back, witha aftercooled Vortec pull a 460 something RWHP dyno pull. I dont know if anyone beat that but it was badass. I have seen him pull 11.60's at Cali Dragway. Nice F'ing car.

Alex

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Did you ever find out what the deal was with the battery? I'm going through some similar issues (kinda), and am strapped BIG TIME. Damn Christmas presents.

Just curious...

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I went through everything and cleaned the battery posts and put anti whatever shit on it (wasnt even dirty) and the problem went away. Try tighteng everything down. Good luck

A

Users who are viewing this thread