Spark plugs

ESBC

Established Member
Ok, Im questions is simple. What is the best spark plug to use for supercharged cobra's. Brand and gap would be appreciated.

Someone mentioned to me yesterday the stock plugs may be gaped to far for a supercharger and that could be part of my problem. I would love to change my name to something mroe appropriate....any info is much appreciated

thanks in advance

ESBC

SSRDOHC

Established Member
NGK TR5's gapped at .40 works good for me. 9psi Vortech and a power-pipe I have had no spark blow out at all, unlike my stock motorcrafts that I had to re-gap to .35 they didn't look good with the tip pointing at an angle, the NGS's are level at .40.
Later Al

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The plug to use is the NGK's. Part # is 2238 I believe. You can cross reference the part over from the FRPP plugs that Steeda used in their blown cars for a while. The FRPP part # is AWSF22C. Just cross that over to your favorite plug and it should work great. I'd go with the NGK's though. The gap should be between .35 - .40 Start with the .35 gap and see how the car responds. Then if you like , you can increase the gap to maximise your setup. If you were running the factory plugs at factory gap before you know what plug blow- out feels like. Just watchout for that when you start regapping your new plugs. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread