spark plugs for sc

HoTT232

Established Member
id liketo know what are the best recommended spark plugs for the t-bird sc. i just recently bought spilt fires but ive read that they arent recommended for the sc would anyone know what the best ones are ,and would accel spark plugs create a good spark on the sc?

Stryford

Thunderbird Moderator
Established Member
According to most everyone on www.sccoa.com including myself, recommends either Motorcraft Double Platinums or Autolite Platinum Pro's (double plats). You're right about the SplitFires; they are NOT good for our SC's. Either the Motorcraft or Autolite double platinum spark plugs will give you a good spark.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Stryford
According to most everyone on www.sccoa.com including myself, recommends either Motorcraft Double Platinums or Autolite Platinum Pro's (double plats). You're right about the SplitFires; they are NOT good for our SC's. Either the Motorcraft or Autolite double platinum spark plugs will give you a good spark.

Ill have to agree with you on that, Ford cars work great with Motorcraft plugs......... once put a set of split fires in the ranger....... whoa bad idea.........

thundercoupe sc

Don't put platinum plugs in there, it's not worth it, for a 89-93 I recomend regular motorcraft or autolite, I put platinum in my 90 sc and they lasted like 10xxx miles, original plugs looked better with 50xxx miles, non platinum, plus they're cheaper too.II-)

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by thundercoupe
Don't put platinum plugs in there, it's not worth it, for a 89-93 I recomend regular motorcraft or autolite, I put platinum in my 90 sc and they lasted like 10xxx miles, original plugs looked better with 50xxx miles, non platinum, plus they're cheaper too.II-)

Hey welcome to the boards hope you enjoy it here... maybe you will come to our event next spring .......... again welcome

-Zach

Users who are viewing this thread